or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Depollution System Fault - posted for Greg Whitear.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
steve.pie   
Thu Mar 03 2011, 07:46am
Update ; day 2 of ownership .... broke down twice in 8 miles. Faults ; engine oil presure low / depollution / handbrake / and egs? bds? esp? i dunno, it all flashed up so fast i couldnt read it. So its back - via transporter AGAIN - to the dealer. If its not done by midday tomorrow, i will let u all know which dealer it is and you can all come watch me get my refund.
risky31   
Sat Mar 05 2011, 07:30am
I've had problems with the depollution light today. I drove about 10 miles or so this morning, no problems, but when I tried to start the car again about 45 minutes later the engine wouldn't start and the depollution warning light was on.

Over the course of the next 20 minutes I had a few more goes at starting and then after about 5 attempts with a few minutes between each try, it started fine, no light, but an economy mode warning. Drove home without any issues though.

About 45 minutes after I'd got home again the car wouldn't start and the same warning light. It seems that most people are still able to start the engine even if they're in economy mode. Does anyone know of any way I can get the car to start or is it not going to happen?

It's a 07 1.6VTR+ I have....
Grumpy GrandPa   
Sat Mar 05 2011, 11:23am
Member No: #10746
Reject the bu66er now!
wheatchief   
Thu Mar 10 2011, 04:48am
Member No: #7711
I'm having the same problem but my warning has been on for about 2 weeks now solid. i have always been getting an intermittent fault but i have started to see a pattern over time.

1st, mine mainly gives an error about a mile after i have filled up, i only put £20 -£30 in at a time, I mainly use shell and Morrisons.

2nd, I've noticed it can come on if the fuel level gets really low. showing no miles left.

3rd, i always drive it hard but recently i have been driving no more than 60mph with cruise control to save on fuel as i cant keep putting £25 in every 3 days. (i do 50 miles a day to work)

Don't know if this helps anyone. With me driving sensibly at the moment i can only imagine that it is building up deposits and causing this. i need to get mine booked in at the stealer's anyway so i will post back the results.
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Mar 10 2011, 05:47am

Member No: #1
wheatchief wrote ...

1st, mine mainly gives an error about a mile after i have filled up, i only put £20 -£30 in at a time, I mainly use shell and Morrisons.

You're actually building up potential future costs Faster if the car has DPFS as every re fill triggers the adding of Eolys so it will need replacing faster.

Any HDi with DPFS it's best to fill the fuel tank, rather than keep topping up.

teomcam   
Wed Apr 06 2011, 04:02pm
Member No: #19131
I also having same issue its very disturbing and stressing. Obviously its known issue but Citroen very quite about that!
DaveBlues   
Tue Apr 26 2011, 06:21am
depollution system warning started few weeks ago, first thing in morning fine, if after a short trip ie local area on re start very hard to start first time like miss firing. Warning light and error message. Popped into to local garage( family friend) laptop said coil pack , he reset the error said to try it for a few weeks see if it returned.

5 weeks later same thing again after 2 days errors went away all this time car running fine. Went of to scotland for a weekend no problem then of to Lakes again all fine, travelling back on the A1 full breakdown no power nothing doing 70ish! in the fast lane, made it to the hardshoulder and just made a parking area with SOS phone.

AA arrived in 40 mins very good spent 1 hour trying to fix, no good! towed home the 30 ish miles.

towed car to local garage he ordered a new coil pack as thats what the laptop said was wrong, 3 days later he fitted new coil but still engine was dead, towed to local citroen dealer hes having a look today £50 for a diao look ! will let you know what happens.
teomcam   
Tue May 10 2011, 04:24am
Member No: #19131
C4 very very unreliable car. In my location only 1 Citroen dealer and they have no idea whats wrong with it. I keep going and paying for nothing. They just resetting or cold software downloading thats all. So far C4 big shame for Citroen.
walshy01   
Thu Dec 01 2011, 07:55pm
same problem as samcelwee: I have C4 VTR 1.6 petrol Coupe 2005

depollution warning happened yesterday - no effect to the car.

All probable causes don't fit my use i drive 120kmph for an hour to work each way and fill from almost empty to full every time.

I drive the usual back from work to the gym down the road from home, after leaving car won't start. Not the battery as new, got it pushed down a slope and wouldn't start and now in economy mode but doesn't mention depollution.

called RACq to come out couldn't do anything no power coming to most of the fuse's under bonnet nothing coming to the engine just completely dead and had no idea why.

Had to abandon it last night and getting towed to garage today but should i go to the main stealer which i don't have much experience with as everytime have been useless, expensive and rude as hell or my usual smaller garage that has done my servicing and timing belt etc?

Would the depollution have caused this? as there can't be a build up, i don't think there is a time when I'm not blasting it.

Whats best to ask as it seems like what Lexia picks up isn't fixing the issues.

everytime i start to love the car something screws up again! was going to buy another one but may be forced to get something more reliable

hope you can help!!!!!!
walshy01   
Thu Dec 01 2011, 08:01pm
teomcam wrote ...

C4 very very unreliable car. In my location only 1 Citroen dealer and they have no idea whats wrong with it. I keep going and paying for nothing. They just resetting or cold software downloading thats all. So far C4 big shame for Citroen.

teomcam, I think were talking about the same dealer! As were in Australia it's a bit more stressful as everything is 3 times the price and 10times less people know what they are doing with them.

Its strange as I think as a market here there are very few Citroens and even fewer people know what one is! You would have thought as a business it's imperative to look after your existing customers who have taken the plunge as we would be theirs and the the brands biggest advocates to future clients.
Stuey   
Fri Dec 02 2011, 03:36am
Member No: #84
The only time I have seen a depolution fault come up with a petrol is when my ignition coil pack failed. Check the connection to the pack itself as it may have worked loose and check your plugs too whilst you are at it.
SLTVTS   
Thu Jun 15 2017, 06:38am
Member No: #48643
Hi All,

looks like im having the same issue with my Citron C4 coupe 2L VTS the light came on yesterday after idling the car for a bit before i left for work.

i herd a vacuum sound and then the light came on. i have been driving the car and don't seem to notice any change in the car it drives just fine.

is there any reason the car has the pollution error? Citron said the light may be due to air flow or cat.

regards,
KenC   
Thu Jun 15 2017, 09:01am
Member No: #18024
Find someone with a code reader and read the codes before you do anything
wozza   
Thu Jun 15 2017, 02:15pm

Member No: #2
Without a code you're just guessing as to the cause of the issue. It's a basic error message for the C4. It could be something as simple as a dirty sensor to a coilpack failing to a dead turbo. Without the code that triggered it you could be searching a long time.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member