or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

My DS4 DStyle 1.6 e-HDi Airdream

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
TomF   
Tue Apr 24 2012, 06:38am
Member No: #541
Looking at the close up it looks more like an LED type display. Mine is different in that it's more like a tv screen.

The only difference I can presume that this is a result of is because mine is the stop start airdream version.

Do you get the sat nav instructions displayed in the middle etc? I'll do some shots of the different displays I get in the middle.
pclark   
Tue Apr 24 2012, 07:27am
Member No: #12537
Yes, the cente screen displays sat nav directions (in colour)as well as the usual fuel consumption, speedometer and radio/ipod/cd information. the upper section of the screen displays cruise control and speed limiter information as well. The left dial on mine is only used as the rev counter as being a 200THP petrol with manual gearbox there's no gear change indicator or of course EGS gear selection information.
alex2016g   
Tue Apr 24 2012, 08:13am
Member No: #25054
In colour? Ohh WOW
mine does the directions but in orange the left dial display shifts up, the middle displays all the info like speed, mpg, cd/radio, compass...

Ok some needs to help me figure this out...I have DS4 HDI 2.0L 160 6 speed manual, with all the extras... car was first registered on 27 June 2011... but i still have orange display? any ideas?

pclark   
Tue Apr 24 2012, 09:21am
Thats very odd as mine is a Dport with emyway sat nav as well. The only difference is mine is a 200THP petrol.
alex2016g   
Tue Apr 24 2012, 09:23am
pclark wrote ...

Thats very odd as mine is a Dport with emyway sat nav as well. The only difference is mine is a 200THP petrol.

Can you post a picture of you colour screen? maybe i will pop into citroen and ask them about it.
pclark   
Tue Apr 24 2012, 10:47am
I'll do that but I can't this afternoon as I came to work by bicycle today!
C4JJK   
Tue Apr 24 2012, 12:11pm
Member No: #5355
I haven't got the sat nav built in so I have the lower res screen mine is black and white or blue
pclark   
Tue Apr 24 2012, 03:33pm
Pictures of the display in my DS4.

alex2016g   
Wed Apr 25 2012, 09:41pm
pclark wrote ...

Pictures of the display in my DS4.

Hmm, yeah I see, the colour screen looks much better than mine, I think a trip to the Citroen garage is in order!

Thanks by the way
TomF   
Fri Apr 27 2012, 04:01am
I reckon they've fitted the wrong one to your dashboard.. given you have the top spec model it doesn't make sense.
TomF   
Mon Sep 03 2012, 03:51am
Suppose I should check in with an update. Nearly 16'000 miles down and things are generally going well. I've taken it around most of the country already - Bodmin, Ipswich, Lincoln, Glasgow, Liverpool.

Find the ride a bit harder than the old C4 but that's to be expected. Gearbox can annoy me at times when putting itself into first when I could easily pull away in 2nd.

Still finding Citroen's lazy RHD conversion stuff annoying, the worst of which being the windscreen wipers - the passenger side have a vastly bigger wipe.. really would it be that expensive to have a proper windscreen wiper on the drivers side?

Enjoying the seat massages after a long day.

Rear view well already documented, shocking. It's lead me to hit a small post side on a few weeks ago when at centre parcs. Thankfully it only dented a small part of the sill below the passengers door. £300 and you wouldn't know it was there previous.

Seeing more on the road, with a mile of mine we have a DS5 & DS3R. Clearly where all the cool kids live.

Really wish it had a DAB radio.. with all the so say technology, this is one bad oversight
C4JJK   
Tue Sep 04 2012, 02:03pm
Member No: #5355
TomF wrote ...

Really wish it had a DAB radio.. with all the so say technology, this is one bad oversight

Admittedly I wish mine had a DAB radio. I don't have much of an issue with the rear window size. Might be because I drive a transit van all day with no back windows at all.
alex2016g   
Wed Sep 12 2012, 06:34am
TomF wrote ...

Still finding Citroen's lazy RHD conversion stuff annoying, the worst of which being the windscreen wipers - the passenger side have a vastly bigger wipe.. really would it be that expensive to have a proper windscreen wiper on the drivers side?

Enjoying the seat massages after a long day.

Thanks for the update.
Absolutely agree with you on the wiper blade thing, I cant believe it would have been much of a problem to sort out different blades and timings.

And the seat massage just puts me to sleep, seriously after 10 min that is all i want to do

Another frustrating point is the lack of leather dashboard.
Btw have you seen the new DS4 adverts on TV? Looks great, but even that RHD DS4 has a leather dashboard, so unfair!
TomF   
Thu Dec 06 2012, 09:48am
So 10 months in and 25k miles down I suffered my first breakdown. First in fact of 5+ years of DS4/C4 motoring.

Sunday morning, tried to start car and all sorts of alarms come up flashing saying engine/brake/gearbox failure. AA arrive, reset power and it's fine. Ok I presumed it was a simple malfunction.

2 days later in Watford of all places I walk out from hotel (I spent most of the week away from home) again same problem. Instantly identifiable as the wing mirrors don't fold out. AA then look into it more and it's apparently a faulty relay right next to the battery (if you lift the cover up it's got a big orange label on it)

Turns out its faulty. I'm convinced it's sticking open in the cold weather. The short term fix is to tap it gently and it closes circuit again. Tip for you all should you get a similar problem although I'm sure its probably already documented on here or elsewhere - apparently common fault with DS4/5 Pug 308/3008/407

Back in for repair under warranty.
BigJohnD   
Thu Dec 06 2012, 12:22pm

Member No: #82
TomF wrote ...

I complained to CitUK about - and got a box of chocolates!

The handbrake still set up for LHD, but at least there's a keyhole in the driver's door now!

TomF wrote ...

I fitted a DAB radio to my last C4. - Click Here -

The major problem was fitting a decent aerial. And local DAB is prone to shadowing as you drive around town, as line of sight to the sole transmitter is needed. My Sony would default back to FM when the signal was weak, e.g. local BBC radio. National stations can add signals from two or more transmitters to give a strong quality signal. When there's a strong signal, it's great - and Radio 5 on DAB is much better than the MW version.

One of the reasons DAB is not fitted as an option on most new cars is the lack of universal/common European DAB protocols.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member