or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

18" Alloys ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
scarbro   
Mon Oct 15 2012, 12:16pm
Member No: #153
Hi
I've just got a new C4 e-HDI EGS6 Exclusive and it has come with the 18" Newort alloys.
Are these now a standard fitting?
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Oct 15 2012, 12:48pm

Member No: #1
According to the latest specification sheet here: - Click Here - they are a factory fit option on the Exclusive Spec cars.

If you got them 'free' be happy as they aren't a cheap 'option'
Scoops   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 03:08am
Member No: #4366
I turned down a car purely because it had bigger wheels due to extra road noise, harsher ride and the expense of replacement. Look great though!
wozza   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 03:38am

Member No: #2
Road noise is more down to the specific tyre fitted than actual profile. The harsher ride, can't say I really noticed much of a change at all going from 17's to 18's.

However I think you should look at tyre costs again. As it's actually cheaper to get tyres for the 18" wheels if you go for more premium options. It's a more common profile and so much more readily available. Which means prices are cheaper.
JonM   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 05:57am
Member No: #211
Same as Wozza - not notice much difference between 17"s & 18"s & as for tyres prices too
Got my 18"s on my DS3R now & its the same with that too
That reminds me - need two new tyres on front
Jon

scarbro   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 08:38am
Member No: #153
That was my initial concern, road noise, ride and cost. However the ride & noise is not a problem, it's even better over the speed bumps in speed bump city (York) than my C5 was. I checked the cost and the original spec Michelins are £5 more for the 18" at BlackCircles.com.
Also they are very easy to keep clean and the overall plus is that my wife likes them. Thank you Citroen
wozza   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 09:11am

Member No: #2
Check camskill for tyres. Ususlly under £120 for my michelin pilot sport 3's. Fitting I get done at local place for around £5 a wheel.
routemaster1   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 09:12am
Member No: #574
wozza wrote ...

Road noise is more down to the specific tyre fitted than actual profile. The harsher ride, can't say I really noticed much of a change at all going from 17's to 18's.

However I think you should look at tyre costs again. As it's actually cheaper to get tyres for the 18" wheels if you go for more premium options. It's a more common profile and so much more readily available. Which means prices are cheaper.

Note that tyres are now rated for rolling resistance, wet braking and noise (unfortunately not for wear rate). If you want a quiet tyre, you can select on this measure. eTyes and Black Circles quote the ratings where available, and I am sure there are more sources.
Rich_Eason   
Sat Feb 02 2013, 11:10am

Member No: #90
routemaster1 wrote ...

wozza wrote ...

Note that tyres are now rated for rolling resistance, wet braking and noise (unfortunately not for wear rate). If you want a quiet tyre, you can select on this measure. eTyes and Black Circles quote the ratings where available, and I am sure there are more sources.

I think it's been mandatory since November 12....

Second vote for Camskill from me...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member