or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Bluetooth and mobile phone - more an observation than a question.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
suttonsteve   
Fri Oct 05 2012, 01:18pm
Our phones (HTC WIldfire and Blackberry Pearl) wouldn't work properly so I've done a bit of experimenting, here what I've found:

On both phones the problem is that on the first call made you couldn't hear the other end but the second call you could.

Solution - turn the radio/audio on for a few seconds and then off.
The phone then works fine first time every time.

Obviously if you normally have the radio/audio on it won't have been a problem but if, like us you don't, then I hope this helps.
1 User said Thank You to for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (05 Oct 2012 : 13:28)
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Oct 05 2012, 01:29pm

Member No: #1
Strange one so well spotted.
sloppysod   
Fri Oct 05 2012, 04:39pm
Member No: #15935
Hi Steve,
You don't mention what car you have but let me guess the MkII (2011 onwards)!!!!

Am I right?
Stu
suttonsteve   
Sat Oct 06 2012, 12:07pm
Yes, Dave it is a strange one, although I can't say I'm surprised by it.
All mobile phones are different and I suppose it would be near on impossible for car makers to test every one.

Must admit that it was my Wife that suggested it and I said don't be silly of course the radio doesn't need to be on for it to work.......for some reason she reminds me every time we are in the car together!

Stu - either you have had the same problem or you noticed which section I posted in
Yes, the car is a 2012 C4!
Steve101   
Mon Feb 11 2013, 05:01am
Member No: #27431
Has anyone had this problem sorted? It's a nuisance as I often forget to turn the radio on and then get a call which I cannot answer.
Scoops   
Mon Feb 11 2013, 07:57am
Member No: #4366
Dear all

Talking of mobiles and the new C4, why is it when you have your phone 'blue tooth' connected does the battery indicator go up and down as if it's hard wired connected and on charge?

Also next to the signal strength bars (which I get by the way!) is a number. It's either 1, or 2. 1 or 2 what? Total number of devices paired? Paired device number 1 connected? Paired device number 2 connected?

So many questions which only you can help with!
connormoose   
Mon Feb 11 2013, 08:00am
Member No: #5593
Can you leave the radio/audio on but turn the volume down to 0 (zero)? That way the radio would be on, but you wouldn't have to listen to it.
BigJohnD   
Mon Feb 11 2013, 09:14am

Member No: #82
Scoops wrote ...

Talking of mobiles and the new C4, why is it when you have your phone 'blue tooth' connected does the battery indicator go up and down as if it's hard wired connected and on charge?

Also next to the signal strength bars (which I get by the way!) is a number. It's either 1, or 2. 1 or 2 what? Total number of devices paired? Paired device number 1 connected? Paired device number 2 connected?

So many questions which only you can help with!

Number of bars = signal strength between devices.

1 = connected as headset device.
2 = connected as headset device and media link.
After the phone is linked, you can alter the setting via MENU if you wish. The default setting is 2.

The media link will play music/podcasts stored on your phone via bluetooth.

If you select "1", then your phone's battery status will be shown as well. And if you have a suitable USB charger cable charging the phone, it will also indicate the phone is being charged.
Steve101   
Mon Feb 11 2013, 01:54pm
Member No: #27431
connormoose wrote ...

Can you leave the radio/audio on but turn the volume down to 0 (zero)? That way the radio would be on, but you wouldn't have to listen to it.

I should think that you would not be able to hear the phone ringing.
yovavb   
Sat Feb 16 2013, 09:22am
Member No: #14234
The volume of the radio and the HF Bluetooth is not the same. as far as I could see, the number of bars stand for the phone reception signal strength from the cell operator.
1 User said Thank You to yovavb for this Post :
 BigJohnD (21 Feb 2013 : 06:13)
H11LGX   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 12:33pm
Member No: #19835
I have a 2011 VTR+ with Sat Nav and it matters not that the Radio is on or off. It works perfectly either way.

That's not strictly true, it works fine with all phones I have tried, except my latest works phone, a Samsung Galaxy S11, with which has real issues, but I put that down to the phone!!!
BigJohnD   
Mon Feb 18 2013, 02:21pm

Hmmmm... No problems with my RD5 and Samsung Galaxy SII. Very good in fact. It's Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
yovavb   
Wed Feb 20 2013, 08:25pm
Member No: #14234
My Nokia 5800 (Symbian) worked fine but tended to un-pair by itself from time to time after a call. my Aiki 5 (Android 4.0.3) seems to work fine, though I have it only about a month now. My wife's Samsung C531 had a lot of problems, it got stuck after connecting to the car, I did not pair my wife's HTC wildfire yet (Android 3.5.2).
BigJohnD   
Sun Feb 24 2013, 09:50am

I've been experimenting as a result of the comments above.

In my car, provided either the ignition is on or the radio is on, the blue tooth connects.

Radio on/ignition off.

Radio off/ignition on. (The temperature is missing as it was flashing 3° and not being displayed at the moment the photo was taken.)

(I have no active voice mail.)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member