or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Peeling paintwork on C4 2005 5dr Silver Grey

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Dave_Retired.   
Sun May 24 2015, 11:44am

Member No: #1
Paint is guaranteed 3 years under the new car warranty. It's not corrosion so won't be covered under that and I doubt anyone has even paid for the paint inspections anyway.

It's 10 years old so it's down to you to fix and what most people do is simply put vinyl wrap on the roof as it's cheaper and faster than a respray.
rosebud57   
Mon May 25 2015, 07:15am
Hello Johnboy, I was very interested to read your comments regarding this peeling paint problem. In my case I had to have my roof repainted at a cost of £400 this included a rectification to 2 other paint problems. I still find some of the comments made by other members such as what do you expect from a car that's 10 years old!!!? to be [%*^#@!] annoying!!

What I expect is better quality from the manufacturer. I have owned many cars throughout the years some of them were much older than the C4. and they never suffered from problems like this. I still feel that somewhere along the line there is an answer to this anomaly, and that we may never find the TRUE answer to the cause. It's certainly put me off Citroen's for good.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon May 25 2015, 11:38am

rosebud57 wrote ...

I still find some of the comments made by other members such as what do you expect from a car that's 10 years old!!!? to be [%*^#@!] annoying!!

What I expect is better quality from the manufacturer. I have owned many cars throughout the years some of them were much older than the C4. and they never suffered from problems like this.

Car's condition will vary dramatically depending how they are used, cared for and where they are kept. Maybe it's had a previous poor repair, who knows if it's been through several owners hands, but like it or not, Citroen will not cover paint defects on a 10 year old car unless the corrosion warranty has been kept up to date and it is actual corrosion coming from under the paint and not from a surface defect like a stone chip etc.

The car at that age is outside it's design life expectancy. If people don't buy new cars then Citroen will no longer be in business, so they aren't built to last forever.

BTW. If you find my comments annoying, your more than free to go elsewhere and seek help and support.
Honest   
Mon May 25 2015, 02:35pm
Member No: #35215
Hi, guys! I agree with Dave for all items. So far as i am from Russia therefore I know what's the matter "bad quality from the manufacturer".

Has somebody been implementing requirements for a correct custody of car? For instance you have to keep one's under lean-to on the street, but not a garage and to polish any waxy things routinely. I did not found it in your posts.

Excuse me for my English. Thanks.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon May 25 2015, 03:16pm

Honest wrote ...

Excuse me for my English. Thanks.

No need to apologise for your English language skills, it's way far better than my (and I suspect most English members Russian )
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 Honest (26 May 2015 : 09:49)
pashek   
Wed Sep 02 2015, 10:17am
Member No: #16113
I have the exact same issue just come up on my silver C4. Did anyone get any redress from Citroen?
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Sep 02 2015, 01:31pm

pashek wrote ...

I have the exact same issue just come up on my silver C4. Did anyone get any redress from Citroen?

What year was the car built?
deltic   
Sun Mar 11 2018, 12:51pm
Member No: #32347
pashek wrote ...

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I have the same problems on the rear quarters and roof of my silver C4, registered 2006 (but built in early 2005), never seen anything like it before on a car. Bit of a shame as the rest of car is in such good condition.

Whether it is by caused damage or poor paint application is hard to say. When I bought the car in 2014 the only thing wrong with it was a small patch of peeling paint on the rear quarter, however it did look like some paintwork had been done in that area so I assumed some sort damaged had occurred. I had that rear quarter resprayed, but then the leading edge of roof started flaking... The other rear quarter didn't show any evidence of repairs and looked to be in good condition but you guessed it the same thing happened! And then after the snow had melted the other day I was left with a 6 inch diameter patch of undercoat on the roof.

Yes it's an old car, but a bit of a shame...

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member