or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

Antipollution fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wrinkles   
Sun Aug 12 2012, 09:12am
Member No: #10336
I know there are numerous threads on this subject and the answer I want is probably there I don't have time to search and read the threads as I am in an internet cafe in Ireland. so apologies for that.

On my way to the ferry, 70mph on cruise control, cruise dropped out, service warning flashed up,(not unusual) car slowed, distinct lack of power, switched CC off, warning went off too. Still lack of power. Not extreme but unable to get revs above 2500. Got to ferry OK. on start up from ferry all appeared OK except engine warning light on. No problems with power continued onward journey 200miles plus. Overnight tried reset system. disconnected battery for 1 hour, reconnected, no warning light. started engine, after 30 seconds warning light re-appeared with message "antipollution fault". Nothing else seems affected, still have power etc.

Question will continuing to run the car have a detrimental affect, I have upward of 1000 miles to travel before I get home.

Oh and car had 100,000 service two weeks ago.

Any comments would be appreciated. I'll log in again tomorrow for any answers.
many thanks, in advance
1 User said Thank You to wrinkles for this Post :
 johndal (20 Dec 2016 : 12:11)
Web Admin Only   
Sun Aug 12 2012, 11:09am

Member No: #1
It could be many things causing the message as it's a 'Generic' message

As long as it doesn't say 'Stop' Service then it should be OK to drive, but it's your call.
1 User said Thank You to Web Admin Only for this Post :
wrinkles   
Fri Aug 17 2012, 05:12am
thanks for that. As it turned out I decided to press on regardless and since posting have done some 1500K, most of which was touring at around 80kph. No adverse effects. However yesterday I was on one of Irelands new motorways and gave the old bus a good blast of about 20 miles @ 140kph, then a sustained run at fairly high speeds. Then stopped to eat. When I restarted the car, to my surprised the light had gone out and the fault warning was no more. Sighs of relief. It would appear that the italian tune up worked once more. Rather strange however that the fault originally appeared during a fast run onthe motorway.
I suppose alls well that ends well
BernieRubble   
Sat Aug 18 2012, 11:17am
Member No: #15579
Hi lads, mines just come up aswel.After the engine replace on mine, the DPF must have been blocked partially with unburnt fuel.So i removed the turbo and DPF, checked the turbo for any play, but none at all, looked down the DPF and it looked like one of the old chimneys in London, full of soot.So, i know you are not supposed to, but i just held it over the grid and flushed the [%*^#@!] out it.took me about 20/30 minutes, doing it both ways, you should have seen the black sludge that come out of it.
Just hope after a good run, the anti-pollute goes off.
1 User said Thank You to BernieRubble for this Post :
 johndal (20 Dec 2016 : 12:10)
BernieRubble   
Sat Aug 18 2012, 06:09pm
Member No: #15579
Yes, as wrinkles said after a good run the engine management light went off and no more problems.
1 User said Thank You to BernieRubble for this Post :
wrinkles   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 06:32am
Just as a follow on, it's now been a couple of weeks since I got back and so far, so good, no recurrence of the problem. In hindsight I think the problem may have stemmed from the fact that for the previous few weeks the car was driven, mostly, on a daily commute, heavy traffic, 20-30MPH. Usually it has a fairly regular high speed motorway run every week or so but had not had that for some time. Probably there was a considerable build up of soot that broke loose and overwhelmed the regeneration system. I'll stand correction on that but to me it seems feasable
tasape   
Sat Oct 06 2012, 05:58am
Member No: #1236
Hi ~I have had this Depollution error for a couple of years now what I tend to do is use Cataclean this tends to solve the issue
1 User said Thank You to tasape for this Post :
crapday   
Sun Nov 04 2012, 04:16am
Member No: #11964
wrinkles wrote ...

Just as a follow on, it's now been a couple of weeks since I got back and so far, so good, no recurrence of the problem. In hindsight I think the problem may have stemmed from the fact that for the previous few weeks the car was driven, mostly, on a daily commute, heavy traffic, 20-30MPH. Usually it has a fairly regular high speed motorway run every week or so but had not had that for some time. Probably there was a considerable build up of soot that broke loose and overwhelmed the regeneration system. I'll stand correction on that but to me it seems feasable

Same happened to me. But the problem did come back. My problem was the fuel filter. If it comes on again, try replacing the filter.
Pertti   
Wed May 17 2017, 05:08am
Member No: #43228
I fixed "Antipollution Fault" by reducing the engine oil content and resetting OBD error code.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member