or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Noisy wipers

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
saisho   
Sun Aug 05 2012, 02:26pm
Hi. just bought new Champion wipers, one blade dosen't flip on the return stroke. Any tips?
saisho
BigJohnD   
Sun Aug 05 2012, 04:10pm

Member No: #82
Try re-fitting them.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Aug 06 2012, 01:08am

Member No: #1
BigJohnD wrote ...

Try re-fitting them.

Or buy some OEM ones for £29.99 fitted by a dealer
spizlot3   
Mon Aug 06 2012, 01:27am
Member No: #9705
Location: Runcorn (Unfortunately not in the blummin' rich area) of Cheshire!
Check that you haven't fitted one backwards or upsidedown.
Commodore   
Mon Aug 06 2012, 05:39am
Member No: #21107
If you know anyone with a Costco card, get the Goodyear wiper blades.

£12 a pair (and frequently less as they are regularly on offer) and work brilliantly on my C4. Get a 24inch and a 26inch.
BigJohnD   
Mon Aug 06 2012, 08:31am

Member No: #82
Commodore wrote ...

If you know anyone with a Costco card, get the Goodyear wiper blades.

Ha! I was in Costco earlier - I looked at the tyres, but didn't see any wiper blades. Are they in the main store or in the tyre shop?
iscom   
Mon Aug 06 2012, 10:28am
Member No: #20936
Don't You just Hate Noisy wipers !!! Having bought several wipers which where the wrong type or fitting and or making a that Squeaking sound, I got them fitted by the Dealer ( as Dave Said) for £29 I wish I had done in the first place would have saved a lot of time and money (still have about 3 set all new but useless )
Commodore   
Mon Aug 06 2012, 10:47am
Member No: #21107
BigJohnD wrote ...

Ha! I was in Costco earlier - I looked at the tyres, but didn't see any wiper blades. Are they in the main store or in the tyre shop?

In the main store, in the same aisle as the oil, wash mitts and car mats.

These are the ones Costco sell - I now swear by them having switched from genuine Citroen to them: - Click Here -
gittos   
Thu May 09 2013, 06:37am
Member No: #30055
I used to have a Xsara Picasso and the wipers on that car could be noisy, and this was the fix on that forum which worked for me...along with fitting good quality blades

Stop the wiper arms half way along their stroke, remove the blade and make sure the end of the wiper arm is laying flat on the screen and not tilted at an angle, if it's not twist the arm until it is lying flat....use a cloth and grips to hold both ends of the arm when you twist it
bunja   
Thu May 09 2013, 07:20am
Member No: #28136
gittos wrote ...

I used to have a Xsara Picasso and the wipers on that car could be noisy, and this was the fix on that forum which worked for me...along with fitting good quality blades

Stop the wiper arms half way along their stroke, remove the blade and make sure the end of the wiper arm is laying flat on the screen and not tilted at an angle, if it's not twist the arm until it is lying flat....use a cloth and grips to hold both ends of the arm when you twist it

I used same technique to fix jumping of the blade on the driver’s side. Works perfectly. All you need is some muscle power…

VTRPLUS27   
Fri May 10 2013, 02:40am
Member No: #24370
See that my fix is making the rounds. to be honest I learnt that from my father back in the 60's when I had a mini. It all has to do with the blades flipping at end of arc, no flip then they will get pushed across screen not dragged as they should. Modern type blades doin't seem to suffer from this.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member