or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

My Oriental Blue VTS 180

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Sonny   
Mon Jul 30 2012, 01:18pm
Looking loads better now its been dropped
NiteSite   
Mon Jul 30 2012, 03:57pm
Member No: #293
Cheers sonny

Just Got 2 different pairs of led bulbs (19 LED and 5 LED) from the site I ordered my last bulbs from in this thread
- Click Here -

But they are no where near as bright. The 19 LED are as bright as original bulbs, and the 5 led light up white but don't fill the housing.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells the bulbs we bought previously (9 led I believe) as mentioned in the above thread, as that site doesn't sell them anymore
NiteSite   
Tue Jul 31 2012, 03:10pm
More work done today, will post pics when I can find my phone.

25mm H&R spacers fitted to the rear - looking at them when I opened the box, I thought they weren't going to fit, but they look great (in my opinion of course!)

Also fitted rear mud flaps - I don't know why it didn't have them in the first place, thought it was standard on the VTS?

Also wire brushed and cleaned all my calipers, clay barred my wheels whilst they were off - and then whilst it was raining I clay barred one side of the car! Oh, and replaced the pollen filter too

All in all a productive day
wozza   
Tue Jul 31 2012, 03:51pm

Member No: #2
25mm will fit easily on the Resolfens, on 18's they might be an issue though. Due to the wider tyre it sits further out anyway.
Ham   
Tue Jul 31 2012, 04:49pm

Member No: #69
, i bet the mud flaps are useless now with 25mm spacer on, mine stick out slightly with normal offset 18"wheels with 225's on!
i would like to see some photos though
NiteSite   
Tue Jul 31 2012, 06:26pm
Okay! Pics... sorry there's a lot the same, could probably remove some!

As for mud flaps, you're right Ham - kind of useless, but I think they don't look right without them now - a bit like spoilers!

Car with spacers on:

Clean wheels and brakes

New style badges

I don't know what to get next... front brakes could do with changing, front tires are new, but are a budget brand so I'm sliding everywhere in this weather. And the exhaust... sounds like it's blowing slightly and looks like it's been repaired once already - the back box hangs down about 2 inches lower than it should, due to someone's dodgy bracket welding skills :/
wozza   
Tue Jul 31 2012, 07:34pm

Member No: #2
Exhaust, brakes, remap, bonnet dampers, facelift rear lights. As a few suggestions.

Guessing the washer cover is getting fixed soon as well? Not read all the other bits of the thread so if I missed it...meh.
spizlot3   
Wed Aug 01 2012, 01:49am
Member No: #9705
Location: Runcorn (Unfortunately not in the blummin' rich area) of Cheshire!
Them wheels definitely look a lot better now than before.

Seems a pity to have spent all that time and money to go and let it down on 'budget' tires and worn brakes.

It's a no brainer for me if it was mine!!

Just my personal comment!.
Ham   
Wed Aug 01 2012, 04:01am

Member No: #69
Looks good, are you going to put spacers on the front too?
NiteSite   
Wed Aug 01 2012, 07:58am
Thanks

Yes, the tires need changing, for safety more than anything. I know they're new, but I don't feel safe when driving as they don't hold the road well at all.

Ham, I will be doing yes, but I'm not sure whether I would need 25mm again, or something different? I remember seeing threads where people used 2 different spacer sizes on the front and rear. Perhaps for personal preference.

Wozza, yes good spot! I pulled the washer out to check it and pulled the front cover off. I put it back in so I wouldn't lose it and totally forgot, so I drove off and it fell out
CamM   
Wed Aug 01 2012, 08:16am

Member No: #19249
Looking really good!! You're making me feel guilty about my centre caps now...
NiteSite   
Sun Aug 05 2012, 09:32am
Cam... get them sorted! 30 min job and improves the wheels no end

Little update...

Number plate from previous car transferred over.

New C4 badge, so rear end now completely facelift badged up! I was going to just have chevrons and debadge, but thought I'd go for something different this time

New Heko wind deflectors, as I damaged the passenger side one

And new engine and bumper trays and fixings. Not genuine, but half the price the dealer wanted and fit just as well

Finally, got my K&N reducer pipe delivered so finally fitted the induction kit. I had this fitted to my previous car but didn't really notice the noise difference as much before, as that car had a full stainless exhaust. Can't believe the noise difference it's made to the car

Exhaust is definitely next on the list, had a good look last night and it has 1 hole in and about 3 other places in the pipe that are not far off going.
NiteSite   
Wed Aug 08 2012, 09:10am
Couple of boring bits this week...

Oil/filter change, another wash and polish and a few missing/damaged bits replaced:

Washer bottle cover/gauge and replacement drivers side vent, as the coil spring was missing from mine

ImaginaryLight   
Wed Aug 08 2012, 10:25am
Member No: #19242
I love these sort of updates, thats why i'm doing them on mine too.

Lee do you still have your old vent? Does it still have the little cog found on the back?
NiteSite   
Thu Aug 09 2012, 11:25am
Same here.. I know some stuff is boring, but I like reading what others are doing to their cars, no matter how mundane.

Yeah, I still have it. If you like I'll post it to you and you can take whatever you need from it? All I can see missing is the metal coil that automatically opens and closes the drawer. Everything else seems to be intact
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member