or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

Black tail lights

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Brimski   
Sat Jul 28 2012, 07:40pm
Member No: #22451
I would like to know if the same problem has occured to anyone who has bought black tail lights for their citroen coupe ??

I bought a pair few days ago and they fitted nicely but i never noticed (until now) that the lower brake bulb was touching the bottom plastic of the light unit itself, it therefore burned the bottom of the light units on both sides ?? and the bulbs have shattered due to touching the plastic ??

is this a design fault of the lights ?? has this happened to anyone else on here ?? these lights were supposed to be a direct fit for my coupe but have turned out to be a nightmare ??

can anyone recommend a good source where i can purchase a correctly made pair of black tail lights ??

Thanks

Biohead   
Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:30pm

Member No: #6049
Unfortunately it is a known problem with aftermarket lights - most sets are just awful quality!

I picked up a set of LED lights (the brake section is purely LEDs - no bulbs) which seems to be fine - although I got them from a member off here when he sold his C4. I'm sure he said he got them from a German supplier though.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Jul 29 2012, 01:27am

Member No: #1
Musketier in Germany for quality lights: - Click Here -

They also do lots of other styling bits for the C4: - Click Here - and other cars, but they aren't cheap.
spizlot3   
Sun Jul 29 2012, 04:12am
Member No: #9705
Location: Runcorn (Unfortunately not in the blummin' rich area) of Cheshire!
Get the dremmel out and cut the fouling plastics away.
Quality is the most reason the copy panels & Lights etc are generally cheaper, especially if they come from eastern countries.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member