or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

Slow & Low?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Si599   
Wed Jul 18 2012, 05:22pm
Member No: #26273
Aye I agree, looks sound as that. Wll be epic to see what she looks like rolling flat on her [%*^#@!] though. Thinking of screwing off the remap n saving for coilovers instead. Get them fitted ASAP.

What you done with ur old alloys Mike?
mike_b   
Thu Jul 19 2012, 02:21am
Member No: #4479
Thanks for the comments. Coilovers is definitely in the pipeline for future mods.

I sold my 19's mate, my wife is 7 days past due with our second baby so the combination of the car being on 35 profile tyres and lowered 45mm was a bit too much. Plus I always fancied going standard on some Resolfens seen as mine is an LX and came with steelies and trims!!

Give it a bit of time and I will have it low on coilovers!!
1 User said Thank You to mike_b for this Post :
 AndrewA (04 May 2014 : 18:26)
Efexas   
Thu Jul 19 2012, 04:26am
mike you mentioned lx, whats the difference between sx and lx, i bought coil overs for c4 L and mine is c4 sx, i would say its not gonba fit then? ;/
mike_b   
Thu Jul 19 2012, 06:53am
Your coilovers will fit dont worry!!

LX SX and VTR+ are all just trim levels. LX is the most basic trim level with less features so it doesn't have front spot lights, has steel wheels and a different interior pattern. I have an LX so my car had steelies on when I got it and I hate them.
C4Darren   
Fri Jul 20 2012, 07:47pm
Member No: #13754
Efexas wrote ...

i bought coil overs for c4 L and mine is c4 sx, i would say its not gonba fit then? ;/

Pretty much any suspension component will fit any model, just need to watch as the VTS has lower than normal suspension as standard and the diesels are front heavy.

Efexas   
Fri Jul 20 2012, 08:56pm
C4Darren wrote ...

Efexas wrote ...

i bought coil overs for c4 L and mine is c4 sx, i would say its not gonba fit then? ;/

Pretty much any suspension component will fit any model, just need to watch as the VTS has lower than normal suspension as standard and the diesels are front heavy.

I`m fitting them today, hopefully write a small report how things were going at the evening ;]

Si599   
Sun Aug 12 2012, 01:33pm
Member No: #26273
Gents,

Been a while since put anything on here.

These probably dont do much for handling but would do the job regards slamming it on its @rse!

- Click Here -
mike_b   
Sun Aug 12 2012, 04:31pm
Yeah im sure they would do the job of getting your car low!!

I have seen them before but not sure what the quality would be like for that price!!

If you decide to go for them then a review on the quality and durability would be good.
Gooner_Mike   
Mon Aug 13 2012, 08:09am
Member No: #18986
Si599 wrote ...

Gents,

Been a while since put anything on here.

These probably dont do much for handling but would do the job regards slamming it on its @rse!

- Click Here -

Listing doesn't mention rear springs which you might want to check!
CamM   
Mon Aug 13 2012, 09:47am

Member No: #19249
Might be ok, but I'd be very careful. I think with some of this stuff you really do get what you pay for.
mike_b   
Wed Aug 29 2012, 04:13pm
I have just bought some coilovers!! Couldn't resist!!

I will post pics when I have fitted them.
C4Murphy   
Wed Sep 05 2012, 11:46am
These are the same one's I have. They're ok, I've certainly felt worse. Im down about 1/3 of its potential and its pretty low. Just remember to do your strut top's at the same time, as mines both went within 2 weeks of me getting the new suspension fitted. Where possible I would suggest solid top mounts (I know they were quite common on clios) but don't know where to source from, maybe someone could help out in that department?
mike_b   
Mon Oct 15 2012, 06:32pm
My car now on KW coilovers.

Before this I had TA Technix coilovers which cost around £250 new but the ride was nowhere near as good as these KW coilovers. At approx £800 new these are very expensive but in my opinion they're definitely worth it!!

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member