or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

USB Interface

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigTonka   
Sun Jun 10 2012, 03:58pm
Evening Everyone
This is my first post so here goes, has anyone had problems where they have plugged in their I-Pod and it isn't detected, I have just had the first service and the mechanic said that the plugged the car into the test thingy's and no problems came up and unfortunetly the mechanic was trying the i-pod in Aux1.
Has anybody had any similar problems
BigJohnD   
Sun Jun 10 2012, 06:33pm

Member No: #82
We need to clarify several issues first.

Aux1 is a simple stereo input, so there is no "detection".

Do you you have a USB port? Is it original kit or a post-purchase addition? Which radio is fitted to your C4? Is the USB 9702.EZ box fitted?

We need to know more.
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
  (11 Jun 2012 : 16:29)
BigTonka   
Mon Jun 11 2012, 12:29pm
Sorry about the lack of info, I have a 2011 5 door vtr+ and it has a usb port built in under the aux1 socket, in the past year the usb port has worked but I can go shopping and get back in the car and it won' t detect the I-pod.
BigJohnD   
Mon Jun 11 2012, 01:20pm

BigTonka wrote ...

Sorry about the lack of info, I have a 2011 5 door vtr+ and it has a usb port built in under the aux1 socket, in the past year the usb port has worked but I can go shopping and get back in the car and it won' t detect the I-pod.

Is it a Picasso, or does it look like this? - Click Here -
BigTonka   
Mon Jun 11 2012, 04:28pm
Thanks for the reply bigJohnD the USB port looks the same as the one in the picture you posted
pclark   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 03:14am
Member No: #12537
The USB socket in my DS4 normally works fine but occasionally it's not detected. A 'restart' of the ipod (120GB 'Classic') fixes this. To restart an ipod, hold down the centre button and menu until the screen goes blank and the 'Apple' logo appears.
BigJohnD   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 04:00am

BigTonka wrote ...

a usb port built in under the aux1 socket, in the past year the usb port has worked but I can go shopping and get back in the car and it won't detect the I-pod.

You could try another iPod/USB cable or re-setting your iPod and re-installing everything from iTunes.
H11LGX   
Wed Jun 13 2012, 03:21pm
Member No: #19835
I have a VTR+ with sat nav, and my iPod sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it was serviced they checked it with other iPods and iPhones, and again it was hit and miss. It's frustrating, but I've learnt to live with it, as I need the car on the road.
BigTonka   
Wed Jun 13 2012, 03:56pm
Did a re-start on my iPod like pclark said to try and it worked first time, as an electronic service engineer I will need to find out which is to blame, the USB port or the iPod.
BT
kitjunky   
Sun Jun 17 2012, 06:44am
Member No: #24347
Just had to do the same with my iPod classic 160gig. hold down menu and centre button then toggle the lock slider and hard restart is initiated. glad to see I'm not the only one with iPod issues on my C4. and I'm also an electronics engineer.

Its very frustrating and the dealer come up blank.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member