or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Rear Suspension Airbags (Not the usual fault) & Parking Sensors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gordonpmitchell   
Sat Jun 09 2012, 10:18am
Hi,

I posted on here last year when I had an issue with my rear airbags not reinflating & leaving the car riding low with the 5 mph warning on the screen.

Within the last couple of weeks it appears my airbags are now not deflating. This leaves the car sitting at its highest point with a large gap between tyre & wheel arch. I have tried the buttons inside the boot but other than a few beeps from them nothing happens.

I have searched everywhere but the problem is that all the forums/topics are full of the more common deflated problem!

If anyone can offer any help or ideas that would be appreciated. I still have the receipt from last July when the 2 new airbags were fitted so I can return to the dealer who fitted them but I don't want to be fobbed off with an excuse & being told it's a different problem this time round & a £70 bill!

Also, while I'm on it... My rear parking sensors stopped working today. Normally when I put the EGS into reverse the diagram of the car appears on the screen with a beep but as of today, nothing. I tried wiping the sensors in case they were blocked but that has made no difference? Again, lots of advice on faulty sensors but nothing to do with no response at all...

My car is an '07 C4 GP 1.6 diesel with EGS.

Thanks in advance.

Gordon, Edinburgh.
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jun 09 2012, 11:51am

Member No: #1
Buttons in the boot will only work if the car is not in ' economy mode' so make sure your try with the engine running.
gordonpmitchell   
Sat Jun 09 2012, 01:18pm
Cheers Dave but I have tried all combinations of ignition on/off, engine running/not running & still nothing.... Back of the car feels about 6 inches higher than it should be

As for the parking sensors, I have found the switch by the fuel cap release button to turn them back on! Sorted.
richardkhill   
Sun Jun 10 2012, 08:33am
Member No: #17379
I've also started experiencing the same problem as Gordon i.e. suspension suddenly pumping up to max & refusing to deflate, even via the buttons in the boot. I also had the airbags replaced under warranty last summer.

The suspension fault is very intermitent, and I've been unable to identify anything that triggers the inflation, apart from all the instances occuring whilst driving. I get an audible 'chime' alarm & a brief 'suspension faulty' message. The 'service' light also comes on. But the car continues to drive normally. Any attempt to reset the suspension height with the boot buttons results in a continuous bleeping, even with the engine running. Most of the time, the system appears to reset whilst parked up, usually overnight.

It would be good to know if any repairs would be warranted under the original airbag replacement work.
gordonpmitchell   
Sun Jun 10 2012, 02:57pm
Richard,

It occurred for the first time while driving but they have not deflated once since.

All indications are exactly the same as you describe. The service light & warning does go away overnight or for an extended period of parking but returns within 5 minutes of driving again. Also, the suspension on mine does not return to normal at any time.

I'll need to get to the garage at some point to see what they say.
ema   
Fri Jun 22 2012, 07:10am
Member No: #7064
It seems that you have a problem with an electrovalve in the compressor. If true, prepare to compressor replacement.
richardkhill   
Sun Jun 24 2012, 10:04am
Member No: #17379
Just a quick update on this;
I have found that whilst the engine is running, trying to deflate the suspension by pushing (& holding) the button in the boot, only produces a number of bleeps. HOWEVER;

With the engine running, quickly push the 'lowering' button twice & the suspension will drop. You may need to repeat this a couple of times to get the level back to Normal. So far this solution has worked every time for me!

Hope it helps
richardkhill
gordonpmitchell   
Sun Jun 24 2012, 12:23pm
Turned out it was a new compressor £700 later!

Thanks for the info guys.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member