or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

Fly eyes kit fitted to black C4 hatch

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
littlegaz   
Tue May 22 2012, 01:17pm
Member No: #20216
Yeah I've used this stuff before and passing my mot was fine. Takes some pics with the lights on at night to show there is no change in brightness.
Gooner_Mike   
Tue May 22 2012, 03:28pm
Member No: #18986
I think the MOT rule changes include any form of tinting films or sprays!
engineer77   
Thu May 24 2012, 04:39am
Member No: #25064
I'm a little puzzled by this.. Whilst I fully accept that it is "freedom of choice" thing - and I am in no way decrying your work on the car - you have done a very professional looking job with it - I am not sure why anyone would want to dim down their headlights and rear lights.

Surely the idea of such items is to see and be seen? Why go to the trouble of reducing their efficiency?

As I say I wholly accept your right to do what you want (within the law) to your car and I don't want to start an argument about the rights and wrongs of doing it but perhaps someone could explain to me the philosophy behind such mods?
wozza   
Thu May 24 2012, 06:36am

Member No: #2
They don't really reduce the light output very much at all. They were actually done originally as protectors.
mike_b   
Thu May 24 2012, 09:58am
Member No: #4479
Like Wozza said there is not real reduction in light output as there are hundreds of little holes in the film. It's not like a window tint for example where the whole surface is covered.

Following the suggestion from littlegaz I will try and get a picture up soon of the lights on in the dark.
littlegaz   
Thu May 24 2012, 12:49pm
- Click Here -

LOOK, NO DIFFERENCE...
mike_b   
Thu May 31 2012, 12:50am
I decided to take some picture of the lights on in the dark to show people the light output even with the fly eyes kit on.

1 User said Thank You to mike_b for this Post :
 MiniPaulo (31 May 2012 : 13:16)
VTRJack   
Fri Jun 22 2012, 08:17am
Wow that car looks badass!! Does the tinting not effect the beam pattern of your headlights?
mike_b   
Wed Jul 11 2012, 06:16am
Thanks Jack. I dont think it does affect the pattern.

Imagine looking at a cross metal fence from a distance. You cannot see through it and it looks solid.

Then when you move closer you are able to see through the gaps in the metal.

Essentiall this is what the film is like. The light source is close to the film so can easily penetrate it but the viewer is at a distance so the light appears much darker.

On another note my car PASSED its MOT with the fly eyes kit fitted without any problems.
littlegaz   
Wed Jul 11 2012, 11:48am
I've had mine fitted for a while now and it doesnt make a difference to the light output

wozza   
Wed Jul 11 2012, 01:04pm

Member No: #2
I personally prefer the Lamin X film to the fly eyes stuff. Doesn't have the holes and is still legal. So looks nicer up close.
Mk3_Singh   
Sun Jul 15 2012, 04:50pm
Member No: #25291
From experience Fly Eyes look good from a distance, close up you can tell its a mesh.
Lamin-X is a tinted film, which can be warped to any shape with a bit of heat, application is easier, and the results (near and far) are very good.
You can also multi layer the sheets if you want a darker effect.

Check out their site : - Click Here -

Avoid the ebay film, this is thick, un flexible, and will crack/air bubble with heat and age,.
Cachou   
Mon Oct 05 2015, 01:56pm
Member No: #42255
HI Mike !

I come from France and really,,,reeaaally like ur car i personally think u can't do better.
I have 2 questions :

-What size are your rims ? (don't know if it's the same measure language here :'(
-And what model it is ?

Cordially.
Cachou   
Mon Oct 05 2015, 04:07pm
Member No: #42255
And did u lowered it ?
crapday   
Wed Oct 07 2015, 09:32am
Member No: #11964
craig573 wrote ...

I have Xenon headlights and there website states that it is not suitable for these, thats a shame as was thinking of giving it a go.

Also does anyone know it the C4 headlights have any protective coating applied to them?

Not a problem Craig, I'll just pop over and swap our headlight units and then you can use this tint.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member