or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Best polish/wax for Citroen metallic silver

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Gjsteed   
Sun May 06 2012, 03:35am
Member No: #19789
Just wondering what polish/wax other members use to get a good deep gloss shine on their C4s, I keep my C4 clean and use Autoglym super resin but I'm never completely happy with the results...what combination of polish/waxes do you use ? Only for silver metallic .. Cheers
iscom   
Sun May 06 2012, 05:32am
Member No: #20936
Over the years I have use many products and for my past 3 cars I have used Show room shine ( the one thats seen on Idealworld.tv ) its great for every part of the car and removes tar with ease plus can be used on plastic, chrome, & alloyed wheels even side and rear windows (although I never use it on windows) it's hard to explain how good and easy it is, maybe is best to watch TV video. . .but I think once you have used it you won't go back to the normal polish.
the bad thing about it . .it can be used on other things such as TV screens, marble fire places, kitchen units plus many other items so Hide it From The Wife
1 User said Thank You to iscom for this Post :
 Gjsteed (06 May 2012 : 06:47)
Gjsteed   
Sun May 06 2012, 06:50am
Member No: #19789
Yeah I've heard of it, my next door neighbours also swears by it, I see him use it on his silver rav 4 and he also uses it on his caravan.. Food for thought iscom cheers
Dave_Retired.   
Sun May 06 2012, 07:30am

Member No: #1
Unfortunately your never going to get a really good deep shine on an Artic Steel car.

I tried all things on mine, but you never get a deep reflection like you do on a dark colour
iscom   
Mon May 07 2012, 08:04am
Member No: #20936
C6 Dave wrote ...

Unfortunately your never going to get a really good deep shine on an Artic Steel car.

I tried all things on mine, but you never get a deep reflection like you do on a dark colour

Yes I would agree does not show the same as darker colors. .I think the main thing is to clean the car 100% getting rid of every small spot of tar etc ( so dirt won't cling to it) then once you have it 100% clean then as I do use showroom shine (or what polish/wax you use) then its seems to stay clean for ages, most of the time I just use plain water if I find the car a little dirty, only if the car is very dirty after a few hours driving in rain the next day I will use a power wash and I use a Bath towel to dry the car
PentlandC4   
Mon May 07 2012, 08:55am
Member No: #13613
C6 Dave wrote ...

Absolutely. The only thing I've found that really improves it is giving the glass a good shine with a decent quality glass polish.
¬†andrea1   
Fri Nov 17 2017, 12:04pm
Member No: #49893
There are many specific products to polish your car, this brand has several good products I personally alwaus use: - Click Here -
They are leaders in Italy and very good. If you want, you can try it

Ham   
Fri Nov 17 2017, 03:52pm

Member No: #69
At the end of the day get a wax that suits you, you seam to be happy with Auto Glym polish so you could try AG HD wax or i do like Poorboys wax, easy on and easy off in all conditions. It wont last as long as HD wax but you can do it quite regular.
As mentioned, you wont get a really deep shine as you would with a darker paint.
Cheers

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member