or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

My C4 Coupe VTR+

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Biohead   
Fri Jun 01 2012, 01:06am

Member No: #6049
Same here - and they are indeed sold as singles so make sure to buy pair.

Another shot with the xenons, showing how much they light up the housing.

They are MUCH whiter than the old ones, and match the xenons much closer in whiteness. As lee said, they're also much higher quality.
RichardM   
Sat Jun 02 2012, 05:25am
Member No: #25460
no worries
RichardM   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 12:19pm
just came up with these. opinions welcome

Heads up though, im really into the modifying 'scene'. im more into looks than power so these may not be everyones taste.... but lemme know ...

wozza   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 12:27pm

Member No: #2
Just don't think that look works on the C4. Think wheels are quite hard to get right on the C4 which is why so many of us run multi spoke racing type wheels. They suit the car so well.

Although if you want something slightly more scene the. A few of the BBS rims look great on the C4.
RichardM   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 12:34pm
yeah I want something different but its just getting inspiration. Not many 'scene' c4's out there
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 12:48pm

Member No: #1
RichardM wrote ...

yeah I want something different but its just getting inspiration. Not many 'scene' c4's out there

That's because the car doesn't really need it and most people prefer it just as it looks from the factory (apart from the VTS Spoiler missing on a lot of the coupes)
RichardM   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 12:58pm
is a good looking car spoiler definatly finishes it off. Definatly going to add a little flare to it to make it my own
FakeConcern   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 02:18pm
Member No: #24127
I think it looks good with the black centres, not keen on gold though. The unusual shape of the C4 Coupe means you have a head start!
RichardM   
Tue Jun 19 2012, 04:24pm
I have a question. im looking to get an air filter.
This one from venom motorsport is the one im looking at (K&N 57i).....

- Click Here -

BUT ive seen on other threads that the addition on extra piping is used to take the air filter lower down into the engine bay towards the floor behind the fog light. is this neccasary, or can you leave it where it sits?

Also is a typhoon filter only avliable for the vts or can it be put on the vtr?

cheers

Richard
wozza   
Tue Jun 19 2012, 04:52pm

Typhoon is only available for the VTS180.

The reason that people move the filter is due to these induction kits tended to stick it right next to and slightly above the exhaust manifold. Which is one of the hottest parts of the engine bay. As a result it just sucks in hot air which means it can make the car feel sluggish as it will lower power.

Relocating the filter to behind the foglight is one of the cooler points of the engine bay, also well protected by the front grill there and the undertray and arch liners.
RichardM   
Tue Jun 19 2012, 05:11pm
Oh ok. Are they difficult to fit?
And by putting it down behind the fog light is there a chance of water getting onto it? Through puddles ect... Or is it pretty safe there? Becuase I don't want to be damaging the engine.
wozza   
Tue Jun 19 2012, 06:05pm

99% of the time it is fine, if you come up to a flooded section of road...it is going to be an issue. Depends on ride height as well though.

Obviously mine is fairly low. Never had any issues yet though. I do keep a small tool set in the car though so if need be I can disconnect the induction pipe work. Just in case, never needed to do it though.

Fitting I would say they are an easy job to do. 10-30 minute job to do if you know what you are doing.
RichardM   
Wed Jun 20 2012, 03:42am
alright ok. cheers
Sonny   
Wed Jun 20 2012, 01:45pm
I think mine is in a close position to where Toms is, the only problem i have is the metal gauze around the filter had started to corode from the water off the road.
wozza   
Wed Jun 20 2012, 04:02pm

The cheaper metal filters are a bit useless for that Matt. Why I went with the ITG stainless on the part that attaches to the pipe work and just foam everywhere else. Nothing to rust or fall apart like the old filter.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 Thorning90 (12 Apr 2013 : 19:40)
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member