or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

The start of my C4 modding...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C4Darren   
Sat Oct 15 2011, 04:23am
Member No: #13754
Looks like its been decided then haha, it shall stay the way it is. Unsure if getting door handles and bumpstrip colour coded would make it much nicer?
wozza   
Sat Oct 15 2011, 04:42am

Member No: #2
Course it would, get it done!
Commodore   
Sat Oct 15 2011, 05:18am
Member No: #21107
I concur, if you can afford it, colour-code the black plastics (just don't fiddle with the chrome).

Considered doing it on mine, but a combo of being a bit skint and being a bit lazy meant I decided to leave the side panels, mudflaps, door handle knuckle guards and my boot lip protector as black plastic. It works against the beige (sorry, Sahara Gold), but no doubt they would look better sprayed to colour match.
C4Darren   
Mon Jan 30 2012, 02:37pm
Well people, its been ages since I've done anything but I decided to have Paul from Angel Tuning come round and give me a cheeky remap... Ratings will follow once I actually get to play with it proper!!
wozza   
Mon Jan 30 2012, 03:36pm

As I said on facebook and in the texts...no longer will you have to put up with being over taken by someone on a push bike.

Or at least something insulting, but on the plus side...Probably be able to go round a track quicker than Chadd could.
C4Darren   
Thu Feb 02 2012, 05:20pm
Haha yea! Chadd and his VTS 157 :P

Well after a few days folks I can say the remap is indeed very, very powerful... second gear is just a bomb and just a couple of seconds blip gets me out of most junctions and roundabouts and such. I almost felt some slight torque steer coming out of corners in 2nd and 3rd but I suppose I just shouldn't be foot to the floor!

Power all the way to 4k, which before I just changed up when it died at 3k, so really loads more usable power at hand... sliiiight flat spot at 2k which Paul reckoned was the EGR valve sticking, is this a common problem?
I had a few more goes and I think it feels like the DMF slipping, which probs goes with the engine noise as if someone's riding it. I suppose there's no real way to fix this is there? Only started after map so I can (sorta) rule out failure before.

But MPG rose too, a 30 mile mixed dual-carriageway trip with some B roads thrown in (and not always on cruise, heavy foot syndrome) gave 61.3mpg... I'm impressed.

wozza   
Thu Feb 02 2012, 06:21pm

Just blank the EGR off, sorts out the problems.
C4Darren   
Sat Feb 04 2012, 07:02am
Hmm, I'll try asking around for that sort of thing then.. see if it actually works or maybe just get it cleaned. All I know is second gear now attempts to kill me with wheelspinning and loss of traction when I try to floor it, even if it was a smooth change from 1st

Anyone for more eye-candy before FCS?

C4Darren   
Sat Feb 04 2012, 07:26am
Seems the photo doesn't want to link in previous reply..

C4Darren   
Wed Mar 28 2012, 11:54am
Suppose I hadn't "modded" my car in a while due to funds and that it's not all about the outside I fitted better mats and cable-tucked a bit for my aux cable.

Took me a wee while as you can probably see with the mess as the old mats didn't even fit at all, but with a quick hoover, some Autoglym interior shampoo (great stuff!) and another hoover for the remains I fitted them all round.

They sit spot on, every flat surface is covered and fit correctly round features (e.g. the rears sitting snug with seat rails). Only quip is maybe make the driver one longer? I sometimes tuck me footsies in. Ah well, shant complain! You can obviously tell they're much better than the old ones. Also, red "Citroen C4" writing adds 5BHP!

Also added a Clean Car Shiney-McShine-Shine photo for good measures

FakeConcern   
Wed Mar 28 2012, 12:16pm
Member No: #24127
Looks nice. I think it's 10BHP with that red writing (I have the same ones)
C4Darren   
Wed Mar 28 2012, 02:00pm
Is it 10? I must've underestimated :P
B13.CEE   
Wed Jul 17 2013, 01:21pm
Member No: #31252
Just been passed on to this thread by FakeConcern.

He's insisting for me to get a spoiler and I've hummed & arghhed about it but as we have the same colour I have colour coded and blacked my wheels plus I have bought the Leon Splitter but not yet fitted it!

Here's a picture of mine C4Darren;

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member