or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

Changing material around door card

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
dolanm56   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 11:24am
Member No: #19681
Has anyone done this ? changed the material around the doors.

I've looked around the forum but not really sure exactly what the parts / inserts on the doors are called so couldn't find anything on this. The parts i am referring to are on the pic below.

Dave_Retired.   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 02:40pm

Member No: #1
On cars with leather seats they are likely to be trimmed in leather, but can't be sure as I have never seen one.
Commodore   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 03:57pm
Member No: #21107
I would love to retrim that fabric piece around the window controls in leather (or something else), as my fabric there looks a bit manky and worn - it doesn't clean up well alas, even with the Meguiar's upholstery cleaner.

Have no idea how to do it or where to start though
Sonny   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 04:03pm
There are quite a few on the spanish forums.. the first thing needed is a piece of good quality leather that is nice and soft to fit around the shape nice..
wozza   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 04:19pm

Member No: #2
The bit around the window on the VTS is Alcantara with a chrome bead on the back.

Upper section is done on the Loeb I think, but nothing else.

It is doable, not sure how easy it will be as you basically need to dismantle the door card.
dolanm56   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 07:45pm
Commodore wrote ...

I would love to retrim that fabric piece around the window controls in leather (or something else), as my fabric there looks a bit manky and worn - it doesn't clean up well alas, even with the Meguiar's upholstery cleaner.

Mine's is the exact same, just looks manky and no matter how hard I try to clean it it never comes out all that great.

If I can manage to get a set of these somewhere free or cheap then I will buy the materials and give it a bash and if all went well then I would put a tutorial up as I would love to change the material
dolanm56   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 07:52pm
Looked on ebay and prices are around £75 + for a door card, I maybe take a trip up to a breakers over the next couple of weeks and see if I can get just the parts I need rather than an entire door card.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member