or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

12V Power and USB Extension.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Thu Mar 22 2012, 05:22am

Member No: #82
I bought this Maplins yesterday for £9.99:

It's a bird's nest around the centre console but we can charge two phones, listen to the iPod and run the SatNav all at once!

Quality/robustness is average to good.
H11LGX   
Thu Mar 22 2012, 02:32pm
Member No: #19835
That looks useful. I must say its the one aspect of the dash I like the least. Would have preferred the USB to be in the glove box. Could leave the iPod plugged in that way!
BigJohnD   
Thu Mar 22 2012, 04:51pm

H11LGX wrote ...

Would have preferred the USB to be in the glove box. Could leave the iPod plugged in that way!

Agreed, and with my big mits, I find it tricky to fit the iPod cable into the USB socket.

A second 12V socket would be handy too.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 02:18am

Member No: #1
I put a basic one of those behind the dash in the old C4 several years ago to power the TomTom and Road Angel and there are pictures of it in a FAQ

No USB at that time though so things appear to have improved
BigJohnD   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 04:29am

I've though about hiding it, but the USB sockets are likely to need easy and frequent access for an assortment of phones.
pclark   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 05:43am
Member No: #12537
I leave my ipod plugged into the USB when parked but I cover it with a small notebook so it can't be seen. I do remove it though if occasionally parking anywhere that might be considered 'dodgy'. The EGS equipped post 2011 C4's and DS4's have a compartment covered by the sliding lid of the centre console.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member