or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

SatNav

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
scotbus   
Sun Mar 11 2012, 11:22am
Can sombody inform me on how to update the SatNav in my 2010 C4 hatchback?
trev h   
Sun Mar 11 2012, 01:15pm
Member No: #10864
Normally the dealer would do it at a service
1 User said Thank You to trev h for this Post :
  (12 Mar 2012 : 02:39)
Biohead   
Sun Mar 11 2012, 02:13pm

Member No: #6049
If you're referring to updating the maps, you usually have to buy these from a dealer. They aren't a free update.
H11LGX   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:27pm
Member No: #19835
Why would you want to update?

As Biohead says, they usually charge for the update, and as soon as you've updated, they'll be out of date again!
Commodore   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:59pm
Member No: #21107
H11LGX wrote ...

As Biohead says, they usually charge for the update, and as soon as you've updated, they'll be out of date again!

This is exactly why I prefer to have a removable satnav instead of an integrated one. Far cheaper to acquire, update and replace.
wozza   
Mon Mar 12 2012, 01:22pm

Member No: #2
Prefer my Alpine system over a stick on one personally. Never used one that is as good yet. Plus I can always move this from car to car anyway.

Have to see how good the system in the Insignia will be, doubt it will match the Alpine though.
trev h   
Tue Mar 13 2012, 04:18am
Member No: #10864
H11LGX wrote ...

Why would you want to update? one reason could be so that you have all the latest roads on there, although most mapping is years behind, i regularly travel along a straight stretch of the A2 & at one point it tells me to turn left & shows me running in a field, & the road was built a few years ago, & i get this quite often on other roads, it seems everytime i go to france theres a new stretch of road that wasn't there 12 months ago.
Updates are available for free from various forums on the net, just got to search for them & normally sign up as a forum member.
Biohead   
Tue Mar 13 2012, 05:08am

Member No: #6049
The OEM maps are updated once a year at most. So you don't have to buy them every year, maybe every two or three?
And as Trev said, they are available from "alternative" sources - the legality of which is however questionable.
BigJohnD   
Tue Mar 13 2012, 05:27am

Member No: #82
Biohead wrote ...

The OEM maps are updated once a year at most. So you don't have to buy them every year, maybe every two or three?

I've not got the OEM SatNav, but considering how expensive it is, it comes across as very poor value with a poor postcode database for destinations and infrequent expensive updates.

Maps on my IGO8 were updated every three months, and a house number and a full postcode was usually accurate to within 50m.

It's available for the iPhone now.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member