or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

Tinted Head Lights

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
mattsmyth   
Tue Mar 06 2012, 04:40pm
Has anyone tinted there head lights with film? I was thinking of doing this to give a darker head light rather than painting the insides of the lights.
JonM   
Tue Mar 06 2012, 04:46pm
Member No: #211
Littlegaz had tinted headlight protectors / covers

Jon
littlegaz   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 12:26am
Member No: #20216

C4Darren   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 01:11am
Member No: #13754
Only thing is though I can't imagine them being legal.

Google for "fly eyes kit", its supposedly a legal and MOT-passable vinyl film that goes on headlights/taillights... Many colours too. Was gonna get them myself but would upset the shinyness of my car haha.
theboyparker   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 02:55am
Or there's a product called LaminX (think that's how you spell it) which is a film that can be applied.
Gooner_Mike   
Thu Mar 08 2012, 01:06pm
Member No: #18986
Flyeyes and laminx are both great products! I'll be doing mine at some point in the future (fronts and rears...
littlegaz   
Thu Mar 08 2012, 02:02pm
I bet the tinting film will be a right pain to get all the ripples out of a curved surface!!!
Gooner_Mike   
Thu Mar 08 2012, 02:20pm
Member No: #18986
littlegaz wrote ...

I bet the tinting film will be a right pain to get all the ripples out of a curved surface!!!

That's the only thing putting me off doing it! Both fronts and rears have some funny angles and curves in them.
littlegaz   
Thu Mar 08 2012, 03:02pm
Gooner_Mike wrote ...

littlegaz wrote ...

That's the only thing putting me off doing it! Both fronts and rears have some funny angles and curves in them.

Yes, its just as hard trying to fit normal window tints so to do it on a curved area will be a nightmare
C4Darren   
Fri Mar 09 2012, 11:54am
Member No: #13754
littlegaz wrote ...

Yes, its just as hard trying to fit normal window tints so to do it on a curved area will be a nightmare

A little bit of time and patience and it's fine, fly eyes website has a video guide of them putting em on a scooby and seems easy enough.

I wanna do it but I fear I need to keep ze shinyness
littlegaz   
Fri Mar 09 2012, 12:29pm
C4Darren wrote ...

littlegaz wrote ...

A little bit of time and patience and it's fine, fly eyes website has a video guide of them putting em on a scooby and seems easy enough.

Probably will be easy with years experience under your belt!
Saul   
Sun Mar 11 2012, 03:57pm
LaminX is very easy to put on, as it is a thick plastic type film, i have the very bottom of my lights done. Only prob is it is [%*^#@!] expensive.
littlegaz   
Sun Mar 11 2012, 05:06pm
Saul wrote ...

LaminX is very easy to put on, as it is a thick plastic type film, i have the very bottom of my lights done. Only prob is it is [%*^#@!] expensive.

mike_b   
Sun Apr 01 2012, 06:01am
Member No: #4479
This is just what I was looking for!! I posted about some tinted lights ages ago but never really did anything about it.

I had a look on the fly eyes website and as C4Darren says the video of the scooby lights being done looks pretty easy.

Im going to get my lights measured up and get them ordered. Hopefully I will get them soon and get some pics up for the results.

Thanks C4Darren for pointing them out!!
mike_b   
Tue May 15 2012, 01:54am
Member No: #4479
Ordered my fly eyes film this morning!!

I will post some pictures when I have done it.

Im starting with the fronts but I will be doing the rears and side repeaters too.

I just ordered a piece that is 150x45cm and £17.80 inc postage so I will see how far that gets me.

I will let you all know the total costs when I have done them all.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member