or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

2.0 HDi VTS Turbo/Stuttering when cold

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
craig573   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 10:01am
Member No: #22671
bengildea wrote ...

Hello Craig, did you get any confirmation on this?

Hi OK the garage have said the DPF filter is blocked and the car has not been regenerating the DPF filter causing it to block.

They have found that the Eolys tank was empty and they have refilled the tank and they are busy cleaning the DPF filter, when it was removed it was completely blocked or near enough.

Once they have put the DPF filter back on they are going to check the communication of the Eolys tanks and the BSI module and check to see if everythings communicating together properly.

The car should have indicated that the Eolys Tank was empty, so it looks like there is probably a communication fault also, but will keep you updated when I get more news.
bengildea   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 10:30am
Member No: #24544
Thanks Craig. Please keep me informed. I'm on the verge of taking it back as the others have suggested but I'd rather not part with it. If this is the problem then I'm sure I can deal with it.
bengildea   
Thu Mar 08 2012, 03:04pm
Member No: #24544
The more I think the more I'm leaning towards taking it back and looking for another.

I'm hoping the garage will be civil about it, I'd rather sort it out without getting trading standards involved.

Do you guys think I have a good case if I have to go to trading standards with it?
justwhite   
Fri Mar 09 2012, 03:28am
yes take it back demand your money back not fit for purpose i bought my C4 vts privately had same issues as yours spent 1500 on garage bills and is no better than before. its got major faults and now won't run so at the moments is only worth scrap value so that puts me 5000 out of pocket.I will NEVER buy a modern Citroen again!
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Mar 09 2012, 03:57am

Member No: #1
justwhite wrote ...

yes take it back demand your money back not fit for purpose i bought my C4 vts privately had same issues as yours spent 1500 on garage bills and is no better than before. its got major faults and now won't run so at the moments is only worth scrap value so that puts me 5000 out of pocket.I will NEVER buy a modern Citroen again!

Nothing wrong with the car in general and it's no better or worse than any other modern car. It's the standards of servicing/repairer's out there that let things down
CamM   
Fri Mar 09 2012, 10:09pm

Member No: #19249
C6 Dave wrote ...

justwhite wrote ...

Nothing wrong with the car in general and it's no better or worse than any other modern car. It's the standards of servicing/repairer's out there that let things down

Not to mention that there is always an element of risk in buying privately. Don't mean to suggest that you should never purchase privately, but the "safety net" is never the same as when you purchase from a dealer.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member