or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

VTR EW10A exhaust upgrade, gear ratios

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
padula   
Tue Mar 06 2012, 11:28pm
Member No: #11716
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I'm from Brazil and bought recently a C4 2.0 16V, it's a EW10A equipped car, and it's been a nice car, way more smooth than my older Focus (Mk1).

But I have the sensation that the exhaust is rather restricted, and I want to change my exhaust, the whole thing, from manifold to the backbox including decat.

Reading here someone said that the manifold from the VTS are better, but I never saw one of those, looking around on ebay for 206 GTi parts, the manifolds that we're available

I was looking to buy a VTS OEM one, cause I've had problems with no name parts in the past. where I can find one of the OEMs?

I was planning to remove the cats, will the engine management go crazy? There's something that I can do to avoid it?

And about the gear ratios, there's any gearbox that have longer ratios? A C5 gearbox or others? I found the 60 mph @ 3000rpm rather annoying... it's a 5 speed gearbox....

Thanks!
wozza   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 01:52am

Member No: #2
With regard to exhausts yes there are some upgrade items available for the normal 2.0. Spoox make some not sure about getting to out there though. Think super sprint might make one too can't quite remember. Race land do one.

The 180 item is tubular 4-1 item, there are after market 4-2-1 and 4-1 items available.

Rest of it after the manifold will need to be custom, with regards to the cat. Pointless removing it to be honest. You don't really gain anything removing it on these engines.

Gear ratios, well there are options. But they will affect it elsewhere. If you go longer for 5th making it slower. Even the 6 speed box from the 306 the final ratio is very similar to the 5 speed. Just shorter lower gears for better acceleration.

The ML6 box from the 2.0HDI seems like a good idea with couple of ratios changed.
1 User said Thank You to wozza for this Post :
 padula (07 Mar 2012 : 12:43)
padula   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 12:52pm
Member No: #11716
know where i can find those parts online?
any idea which route go with this engine? i was thinking of exhaust, intake and cams later, but i'm open to suggestions....
wozza   
Wed Mar 07 2012, 12:55pm

Member No: #2
What kind of power do you want to aim for and what budget?

Think if you had the budget then ITB's, cams exhaust would be the route I would take. Along with a few other bits and pieces should see you near 200hp. If you want more then you really need to look at going forced induction. Turbo or supercharger etc which long run if you want 300+hp will be much cheaper.
Gooders   
Fri Mar 30 2012, 12:52pm
Member No: #8352
Wozza have you looked into the ML6 box yet or is it just a "it will fit" post?

Have you got a nice link showing the ML6 ratios and then compare it to the c4? Is the ML6 stronger?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member