or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Interior and lights

PIAA range of head Light bulbs

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
iscom   
Tue Feb 28 2012, 03:43pm
Member No: #20936
Has anyone any experience of PIAA Bulbs such as the new Night Tech range with Up to 90% more light! ( aprox £30) . And other PIAA bulbs of a higher rating which claim to offer a output of light to an equivalent of 110/100 watts whilst only drawing 55w/65w (aprox £47 -£56 depending on type) ALL EU & ROAD LEGAL
I am wondering more about any heat from them I don’t think the drawing power would be a problem just the heat
no1ice   
Thu Mar 01 2012, 03:17am
Member No: #20784
iscom wrote ...

They look good, what's the model number? As there are a few versions of Xtreme White Plus. I am wondering how good the new Night Tech range are as they a lot cheaper than the Xtreme White Plus although they are very bright

I've got the box they came in in my car will let you know in the evening! I've tried searching online for comparisons between these new night-tech bulbs and the xtreme whites but cant find anything. All I can notice is the temperature in kelvins is less for the night-tech bulbs about 3600k which is more on the yellow side of the scale (like oem bulbs) than white whereas the xtreme whites are 4120k which is around actual white I think.

no1ice   
Fri Mar 02 2012, 08:20am
Member No: #20784
Iscom sorry forgot to post but here you go took a few photos of the box for you to see. Also just checked and according to piaa/bulbs they are fully road legal!

1 User said Thank You to no1ice for this Post :
 iscom (02 Mar 2012 : 11:30)
iscom   
Fri Mar 02 2012, 02:19pm
Member No: #20936
Many Thanks, I don't see that product number but looking at a similar one, it a lot more expensive than the Night Techs but maybe worth it if they are a lot better / brighter / whiter but guess its one of theses products you can't really appreciate till you see or use them

I am a great believer in the saying "Somethings you pay a lot more for very little more & somethings you pay a little more for a lot more"

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member