or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

DPFS - Filter regeneration indicator

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
craig573   
Thu Feb 16 2012, 09:27am
Member No: #22671
C6 Dave wrote ...

P2563 - Click Here -

It might not be the actual turbo if you read the document I linked to

Hi Dave (Link Above not working) i have had this fault for a while and the car has had nearly everything checked or replaced, the only thing left it can be is the turbo, luckly i managed to get a genuine new citroen turbo for a bargain price, just waiting to get it fitted.
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Feb 16 2012, 09:59am

Member No: #1
Link revised, you need to follow it and put P2563 in the search box, when it recovers the document you can open it, download to your desktop.

Premier Members can see the contents below:

2 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 craig573 (16 Feb 2012 : 10:17) , marek (18 Feb 2012 : 15:35)
craig573   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 05:03am
Ok after sorting out the DPF problems on the car which was the fuel cap sensor, Eolys refilled and DPF filter unblocked i have been watching the DPF LED which I have fitted to the car, now it will stop on for about 10 minutes, flash for a minute and then stop on for another 10 minutes and this was repeated 4 times, after some investigation on the internet again when the light is on constantly it is regenerating and when it flashes it means that the regeneration has not been complete. (Similar to VW and Audi Cars)

So was wondering why it is taking 4 times to regenerate, read fault codes and only one present is P1351 which relates to Pre-heating relay circuit/Glow Plugs.

Now after some for investigating apparently on Citroen DPF cars all glow plugs have to be working for the DPF Regeneration to be successful as it uses these for extra load to reach the temperature to burnt the soot off the DPF, and the garage detected 2 fault glow plugs on the car and have been replaced today and will see how the next regeneration goes and report back.

The code P1351 does not show the EML light so a lot of people would be unaware of this fault and causing the DPF not to regenerate and causing the DPF to eventually block and then causing lots of other faults.

I would recommend doing the LED Mod as it will give you a good indication that the DPF regeneration is in process and has been completed correctly.
3 User said Thank You to craig573 for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (23 Mar 2012 : 05:26) , marek (23 Mar 2012 : 06:04) , Biohead (23 Mar 2012 : 07:31)
Biohead   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 07:33am

Member No: #6049
Can I ask what issues you had with the fuel cap sensor? I know for a fact something has ALWAYS been wrong with mine, but as far as I can tell the DPF still regenerates.

My fuel cap isn't detected at all, and has subsequently had the sensor disabled via Lexia - if it was left enabled it would show as a door being constantly open. Now if I remove the fuel cap, no door open warning show at all. I bought the car in this condition, but comparing to other setups, it should have this sensor enabled.
craig573   
Fri Mar 23 2012, 08:06am
The fuel cap sensor was damaged and not getting the signal to inject the Eolys.
MiniPaulo   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 06:46am
Member No: #13367
It would seem my VTR+ coupe HDi does not have heated wing mirrors, so unfortunately am unable to rig one of these indicators up, strange thing it I have the mirror glass with the heater element, just no wires. ah well.
craig573   
Sat Oct 06 2012, 11:13am
MiniPaulo wrote ...

It would seem my VTR+ coupe HDi does not have heated wing mirrors, so unfortunately am unable to rig one of these indicators up, strange thing it I have the mirror glass with the heater element, just no wires. ah well.

You could wire the LED into the rear screen, should still work ok.
c4DELBOY   
Thu Nov 08 2012, 01:57pm
Member No: #18507
Is this the only alternative (rear screen)or can something else be done.
kriston   
Thu Jan 30 2014, 09:50pm
Member No: #34032
Craig, did you eventually get the LED working properly?

Has anyone else added this mod? Any success?

I do lots of short journeys, like 5 min journeys (dads taxi!), and only work 5 mins down road too. The car will only get a half decent run out, of about 8 miles, twice a week, but a lot of that will probably be slow moving traffic, so am a little concerned about the regen. Not even sure if the new car has dpfs or not until i pick it up next week and read the handbook. Its a 60 plate GP C4 1.6 HDI VTR+ (tarted up version), if that's of any use.
Cheers
FrankBullitt   
Fri Jan 31 2014, 12:47am

Member No: #19238
Defo has a DPF - all diesel uk C4 Picasso's have them.
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 kriston (31 Jan 2014 : 17:50)
BigJohnD   
Fri Jan 31 2014, 04:31am

Member No: #82
Your driving pattern indicates a petrol engine is more suitable.

You reaslly need a joiurney much onger than 8 miles to get the system reallyh hot.
kriston   
Fri Jan 31 2014, 06:01pm
I need the Diesel engine to pull a 1000kg trailer tent. The petrols don't quite have enough torque. I currently have a 1.8 zafira which wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for the terrible "easytronic" gearbox.
I don't mind taking the car out for a good run when I know the regen needs to be done. I drive about 2k miles a week at work, so 1/2 hour down the motorway will be a pleasure . Just need to know it needs doing, which is why I'm interested in the workings of the LED. Any idea how many miles and what sort of speed/gear to go for on a regen?

How do u get the mirror off in the 1st place? And how do u attach the led to the mirror? If I were to use the rear window heater, would I have to snip wires?

Thanks for your help
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Feb 01 2014, 02:21am

Member No: #1
kriston wrote ...

How do u get the mirror off in the 1st place? And how do u attach the led to the mirror? If I were to use the rear window heater, would I have to snip wires?

Thanks for your help

Just read the tutorial - Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
 kriston (01 Feb 2014 : 06:31)
FrankBullitt   
Sat Feb 01 2014, 03:18am

Member No: #19238
I use the cheaper solution - keep the car on instantaneous MPG - because the engine uses more fuel to regenerate the economy collapses as the DPF regenerates, typically I can be cruising on the motorway getting mid 50's and it drops down to low 30's; then I know it is regenerating.
1 User said Thank You to FrankBullitt for this Post :
 kriston (01 Feb 2014 : 06:31)
kriston   
Sat Feb 01 2014, 06:36am
Thanks for that Dave, looks easy enough. Knowing my luck though, the glass will break in half . I think I might even put an led in the passenger side too, just for effect. #pimp my c4.com

And thanks Frankbullit. I think it would be easy enough to spot on the motorway, but a little less obvious when tootlin about on country lanes and b roads.

Thanks again for all your help, much appreciated.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member