or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

CamM's VTS180

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CamM   
Tue Jan 10 2012, 07:11pm

Member No: #19249
Well, after almost 6 years of ownership and reading all about what others on this forum have done with their cars, I've decided to make my initial forray into mods and styling with my VTS. I'm starting small, but I suppose you have to start somewhere!!

I have 4 items on order now and am eagerly awaiting delivery... Will post pics and details as the different bits and bobs arrive.
IvanVTS   
Tue Jan 10 2012, 08:37pm
Member No: #20386
What do you have planned?
CamM   
Thu Jan 12 2012, 04:42am

Checked the mail this afternoon and found a mystery package. Opened it up to discover the first of my 4 items had arrived...

Ordered new SilverVisions for front and rear indicators (plus a spare pair) from a retailer in the UK on Jan 6th and they've (rather incredibly) arrived in Sydney Town in 4 working days! They deliver worldwide for free and they threw in a pair of sidelights with the order at no extra charge. Very impressed!!

I've installed the SilverVisions and must say I'm quite pleased. Can't help but agree with all other positive reviews of them in the forum.

Before...

After...

Also discovered why one of my "old" indicator bulbs wasn't flashing quite as orange as the other 3...

wozza   
Thu Jan 12 2012, 12:52pm

Member No: #2
Silvervisions are a great cheap mod, also think they are brighter than the original items too.

The blue visions I didn't think much of though. Got a set for free as well, glad I didn't pay for them. Wanted them to match the xenons, but they are still quite yellowish.

Waiting to see what else you are going to do. Have you lowering it, uprating brakes and tuning the engine soon.
IvanVTS   
Thu Jan 12 2012, 05:34pm
Take some photos in the dark with the lights on !
CamM   
Thu Jan 12 2012, 08:51pm

Wozza wrote ...

The blue visions I didn't think much of though...Waiting to see what else you are going to do. Have you lowering it, uprating brakes and tuning the engine soon.

I'm not interested in really using the blue visions, but I figured that it's nice to at least have a spare set lying about the house. Also, can't complain when they're thrown in for free!

Funny you should mention brakes... I have been looking at uprating the rotors and I've also been looking at braided lines. My rotors aren't in need of replacement yet, so I'm wondering whether braided lines might be a worthwhile upgrade in the meantime? Any thoughts?
wozza   
Fri Jan 13 2012, 01:46am

My brakes are one of the best upgrades I have done. They made the pedal feel so much more progressive.

Some decent fluid, better pads and lines will make a nice difference to the feel of the brakes. As well as giving them more ability to absorb heat, so won't fade as quickly.
CamM   
Fri Jan 13 2012, 03:29am

The break dust generated by standard rotors/pads drives me nuts - especially with the Resolfen alloys! I've been thinking of switching to EBC Green Stuff pads (based on C4OC posts), but I'm really undecided when it comes to the rotors.

I've been looking at braided lines but I'm not sure if the upgrade is worth doing without also doing pads at the same time? I would get some good brake fluid if it did the lines, but I've not looked into fluids so don't really know what's what with them?
wozza   
Fri Jan 13 2012, 04:15am

Plenty of pads and discs to choose from. I would look at something like the Ferodo DS2500 pads at front, ATE superblue fluid. Fluid is actually blue so make changes nice and easy they also do a gold colour one for the next flush. Copes with high heat and makes changes easy.

Lines I would do as well. I need to replace all of mine really. My tarox lines aren't right, slightly too short so pull on full lock slightly.

Discs are up to you, OEM ones are pretty good. If you want something that is more performance type look then the Tarox ones are decent. Would stay away from drilled discs though. Grooved fine but drilled can crack.
CamM   
Fri Jan 13 2012, 04:40am

Will take a look at the Ferodo pads. I was just reading about the ATE SuperBlue fluid, but I need to check whether there are any issues with it being road legal here in NSW. I discovered I need to be careful with the brake lines as they must conform to Australian Design Regulations (ADR) in order to be considered road legal as well. It may well be that all brands conform to the relevant ADR's, but I will need to keep that stuff in mind.
CamM   
Fri Jan 13 2012, 08:58am

IvanVTS wrote ...

Here you go... a little harder to photograph at night - camera wouldn't focus properly.

sdwboss   
Fri Jan 13 2012, 09:39am
Member No: #20997
Looking very nice CamM! I suspect my indicator bulb will be in a similar condition to yours when I take it out! Did you order from - Click Here - Could you post which items you bought pretty please?
CamM   
Fri Jan 13 2012, 09:58am

I ordered from Car Bulbs Direct who now offer - literally as of today - a 10% discount to C4 Owners Premier Members.

The indicator bulbs I purchased were Philips SilverVisions (PY21W), which can be found here - Click Here - .
IvanVTS   
Sun Jan 15 2012, 06:05pm
CamM wrote ...

IvanVTS wrote ...

Here you go... a little harder to photograph at night - camera wouldn't focus properly.

Yep that's a beauty!!!
IvanVTS   
Sun Jan 15 2012, 06:09pm
I need to do my brake pads and possibly the discs as well. I was looking at EBC brake pads on line and the total set was about 230AUD for front and back. What about the discs? How do I know if I need to do the discs as well? I'll be up for tyres soon as well doh Most cost effective options ? Car is at 66,600km and still on the original Michelin Pilot Exalto's rear ones look finished, front ones still have a few thousand. Thinking I get two new ones
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member