or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Mods and Styling, Chassis, lowering, wheels etc.

CamM's VTS180

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Jan 16 2012, 01:11am

Member No: #1
The answer to your Brake Disc Wear question is here: - Click Here -
CamM   
Tue Jan 17 2012, 02:27am

Member No: #19249
Item #2 has arrived today. Can anyone spot the difference?

BEFORE

AFTER

wozza   
Tue Jan 17 2012, 02:46am

Member No: #2
Stubby aerial.
CamM   
Tue Jan 17 2012, 04:03am

Wozza wrote ...

Stubby aerial.

Winner!!!

I quite like the look of them on the coupe, but I was admittedly a little dubious about getting one after reading the reports of massively reduced signal quality. However after picking one up from Dealer 2 on eBay for about AU$11 (incl shipping), I figured it wasn't going to break the bank if it didn't work for me. I tested it out on the drive home today via a road I figured would really test it out to see if it would struggle to pick up radio signals. For those familiar with Sydney's roads, it was the Comenarra Parkway. For those unfamiliar with the area, we're talking major bushland, lots of hills and valleys and generally a lot of things that are likely to inhibit a strong signal.

The results? Well, if you listen to FM radio then it seems like the signal loss is negligible. Certainly, I had no issues with reception. The AM band, however, did suffer noticeably. It wasn't specific to any one channel either. Bottom line is that I will probably leave the stubby aerial on as the default, but leave the standard size aerial in the boot for a rapid swap over if needed.
wozza   
Tue Jan 17 2012, 07:02am

I don't listen to AM, so therefore it makes no difference to me.

AM quality drives me a bit nuts .
CamM   
Wed Jan 18 2012, 02:36am

Wozza wrote ...

I don't listen to AM, so therefore it makes no difference to me.

AM quality drives me a bit nuts .

I'm not a fan of AM quality audio either and will typically listen to FM or my CDs, but there is some programming I do listen to that can only be found on the AM band (e.g. coverage of the cricket during the Aussie summer).

Now if there was a simple way to be able to receive DAB+ in the C4 then all my problems would be solved!!
CamM   
Thu Jan 19 2012, 07:24am

Item number 3 arrived in the mail today. As I didn't have a chance to do anything with it until quite late this evening, I've only attacked the "easy" side of the car The other side can wait till tomorrow. I must admit I'm quite happy with the result!!

I ended up purchasing my LEDs from eBay

It's the same eBay retailer that Matty_m mentioned over in this thread.

Granted it's very early days, but the LEDs have not thrown any errors in the warning log and the one I installed tonight went in without any modification (e.g. light filing) required. I'll just wait to see whether they can maintain the crisp white look for any length of time.
CamM   
Fri Jan 20 2012, 05:34am

Sorted the other sidelights when I got home tonight. One or two of the pics make them appear a little blue-ish, however in the flesh they really do look quite white. As mentioned previously, I did not need to make any modifications in order to fit these LEDs so at this point, I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in going down this path.

wozza   
Fri Jan 20 2012, 05:47am

Item number 4 the air filter?
CamM   
Fri Jan 20 2012, 05:49am

Wozza wrote ...

Item number 4 the air filter?

...maybe
Stuey   
Fri Jan 20 2012, 06:14am
Member No: #84
mine looked that colour when I fitted them, they are distinctly purple now. Still quite like them though. You having the same foam filter Wozza has?
wozza   
Fri Jan 20 2012, 06:17am

Getting a panel filter if I remember correctly. So not a typical open cone induction set up.
CamM   
Fri Jan 20 2012, 06:25am

Stuey wrote ...

mine looked that colour when I fitted them, they are distinctly purple now. Still quite like them though. You having the same foam filter Wozza has?

Well, similar to the stubby aerial, I figured the LEDs were a pretty cheap mod to try out. I bought 2 pair of them so that if they were ok I had some replacements, but if they didn't work out then it wasn't going to have cost me a fortune either.

Regarding the filter, it's starting off small. I've got a K&N 33-2510 panel filter coming. Had one ordered locally since before Christmas and they were telling me it was being sourced from K&N in the US due to lack of stock in Australia. Gave that up as a bad joke and ordered one out of the UK for almost half the price (including shipping)!! I know not to expect a lot from a high flow panel filter, but I'm not sure I'm ready for an induction kit just yet. Having said that, I'm warming to the idea so the panel filter may simply end up being a stepping stone to bigger things
wozza   
Fri Jan 20 2012, 06:33am

Decent exhaust and a remap and you will like the car a whole lot more. Once you have it breathing a little better the remap just ties it all together.

Get a fair gain in low end torque that is massively noticeable. Won't notice the power increase so much. Just makes it nicer to drive, don't have to rev it as much etc.
CamM   
Fri Jan 20 2012, 06:39am

The remap is easier said than done in this part of the world. Very few places prepared to touch Citroens for remaps, and those that will deal almost exclusively with diesels. I think both IvanVTS and I have lamented this fact for a while...
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member