or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Subwoofer with standard DS4 head unit/radio?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
djaggon   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 04:07pm
Hi All,
I'm looking at upgrading the sound system when my DS4 arrives and I was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions?

Can anyone confirm which head unit is used in the DS4; I know its the same one which is in the C4?

Can I add a subwoofer to the standard factory fitted radio?

Many thanks

Apologies if this thread is already open - I looked through the first 10 pages and couldn't find anything related!
wozza   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 04:14pm

Member No: #2
Same headunit, there is no RCA preouts on the stock headunit and as no one will have done a DS4 yet going to be down to you to get wires through from the battery.

Which way you go about it all depends on your budget and what you want as an end result.
djaggon   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 05:08pm
Firstly thanks for the quick response.
So what you're saying is - it's possible to run an amp and sub from the stock head unit, but I would have to connect it direct to the battery? What about if I had a sub with built in amp??

I'm looking to spend approx. £250 on an amp and sub (fitting included). I'm not looking at rocking my neighbours pictures off the wall, just some deep bass to enjoy my music that little bit more.

I'm completely new to this so I would appreciate some advice on what equipment would be good just to get me started. Not looking at taking up much room in the boot and a sub that you can easily disconnect if you need the space.

Thanks again.

BigJohnD   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 05:37pm

Member No: #82
djaggon wrote ...

Can anyone confirm which head unit is used in the DS4; I know its the same one which is in the C4?

It's the RD5 - an updated RD4 with iPod/USB incorporated.

I've not taken mine out to check the finer points as it involves more serious fascia removal than the earlier C4s. I'd guess the quadlock and wiring is all but identical though.
djaggon   
Mon Jan 02 2012, 05:45pm
BigJohnD wrote ...

djaggon wrote ...

It's the RD5 - an updated RD4 with iPod/USB incorporated.

I've not taken mine out to check the finer points as it involves more serious fascia removal than the earlier C4s. I'd guess the quadlock and wiring is all but identical though.

Do you know if it's possible to run a sub/amp from it?

thanks fella
wozza   
Tue Jan 03 2012, 04:27am

Member No: #2
Something like this would work fine, amp supports speaker level inputs.

- Click Here -

Leaves you £50 for someone to install it too.
BigJohnD   
Tue Jan 03 2012, 06:05am

Member No: #82
Although I haven't taken out my RD5, everything points to the wiring and rear connections being the same as the RD4.

From Planète Citroën:
"Parce que ce n'est sans doute pas compatible avec un RD5 (pas la même architecture électronique de la voiture)"
djaggon   
Tue Jan 03 2012, 11:09am
Nice one guys, looks like quite a straight forward job. Looking forward to a bit of bass in my music.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member