or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

USB Port does not switch off.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
P.P.Power   
Wed Dec 14 2011, 01:01pm
Member No: #21184
I have noticed that when playing music from a USB stick the USB stick light is still lit even when the the USB device is stopped from the eMyWay screen "music" menu options & the car ignition etc is off ... i.e. keys removed from the ignition switch. Is it safe to leave the USB stick in place i.e. still plugged into the USB port and is this still drawing current as the light would imply ? Why is this port apparently permanently live ? Are C4 USB ports the same ? T.I.A.
gulranek   
Sat Dec 17 2011, 06:15am
Member No: #7028
If you "stop" your USB device, it will still be powered, but ready for removal. When the light stops flickering, you can pull it out of the USB port.

Also, if it's just a USB stick (not an MP3 player), when the light doesn't flicker, it means it isn't being read and it draws virtually no power (just the power necessary to keep the LED lit, which is neglectable).

I don't know about your eMyWay, but my Citroen USB box experience is this: after I turn off my car (and radio), the USB stick is lit for a few minutes after which the light goes off. I assume that indicates a sleep mode.
1 User said Thank You to gulranek for this Post :
 P.P.Power (17 Dec 2011 : 15:12)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member