or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

C4 winter grill, Snow shield fitting and all questions for it thread

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Gooders   
Sun Dec 11 2011, 11:19am
Member No: #8352
Hint Hint sticky me

My little bit back to the people!

To save millions of questions and pm’s to me of people asking me how to fit the winter grill/snow shield to a C4 I've made this handy "no need to google thread" so when I brought my car from Citroen I asked nicely if they would throw me in 2 winter grills (one for me one for mrs) long story short I’ve got them, right as there’s been threads made about it etc. I took mine and thought with a few pictures coupled with my poor walkthrough you should be able to fit it.

Tools and such needed...

The grills cover itself
Cup of tea
Clean car (helps!)
Someone to admire what looks like a massive job (ego boost!)
45 seconds

Take one nice clean car (cleaner it is the cleaner you will be)

Take grill from packet- these pics are to show the grill

For those that cannot see how it would go on

It should follow the lower slats of the grill

I used the centre clip in the middle of the grill as shown to line it up, However theres nothing stopping you from going left to right or vice versa to line it up

When you have your centre clip lined up hold it in place and it should look something like...

Then just give it a tap in place from both sides, you will hear it go click as it pops on, the clips that hold it on are behind the cut outs in it (if you remember the pictures above of the back of it where the clips stick out)

If you have done it right it should look something like...

Finish cup of tea, put car back in garage...jobs a good en!

Right the tech bit of it all.

For the photo geeks i used my iphone4s to take pics, it was half past 4 in the evening tho

Grill model numbers and such like can be found in the forums own FAQ section

faq link

Hope this helps everyone

EDIT :broken links sorted
jon2CV   
Sun Dec 11 2011, 12:01pm
Nice work, now how do we get our grill screens off after winter?
PPP7   
Sun Dec 11 2011, 12:20pm
Member No: #135
jon2CV wrote ...

now how do we get our grill screens off after winter?

I would like to see pictures of someone doing this, as I never found a way to take it off, which is why it was left on all year without any ill effects though.
Gooders   
Sun Dec 11 2011, 12:27pm
I have been thinking this myself! with the amount of clips used to hold it on i can see taking it off to be a pain but will see how i get on, will do it a few times myself then do a tut on it.

I shall find a time and make a follow up of how to remove it,

Also got to fit one to mrs vtr+ so will make that a video and put it on youtube
riven1962   
Sun Dec 11 2011, 12:55pm
Member No: #18905
Good job done by the both of you. This should be linked to all the questions regarding the winter screen.
Gooders   
Sun Dec 11 2011, 01:05pm
riven1962 wrote ...

Good job done by the both of you. This should be linked to all the questions regarding the winter screen.

Just me!

Agreed
Commodore   
Sun Dec 11 2011, 01:57pm
Member No: #21107
Ben And Angela wrote ...

I have been thinking this myself! with the amount of clips used to hold it on i can see taking it off to be a pain but will see how i get on, will do it a few times myself then do a tut on it.

Removing the pre-facelift winter grill is very simple and probably won't require a step-by-step picture guide (however, putting it on for the first time does, and your guide is excellent, nice one).

there are holes next to each clip position. Simply get a long, thin screwdriver and reach through the holes, and use it to ping the clips back. I recommend you do this on the right hand side first*, as these two clips face in the opposite direction to the other 4.

With those two clips released and that end of the grill unclipped, simply push the entire winter grill to the left and the whole thing will come away from the bumper.

* I'm pretty certain it is the far right clips that are reversed, but as I don't have a winter grill in front of me (it's on the car) I might have got this mixed up and it might be the far left hand side clips that are the reversed clips. If so, my instructions above still work, just replace left with right and right with left.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Dec 11 2011, 01:59pm

Member No: #1
Commodore wrote ...

Removing the pre-facelift winter grill is very simple and probably won't require a step-by-step picture guide (however, putting it on for the first time does, and your guide is excellent, nice one).

there are holes next to each clip position. Simply get a long, thin screwdriver and reach through the holes, and use it to ping the clips back. I recommend you do this on the right hand side first*, as these two clips face in the opposite direction to the other 4.

There is a tool that comes with the car you can use to do it..........

It's the one for removing the centre wheel caps in the spare wheel tool kit, it's part of the purpose it was designed for.

@Ben And Angela thanks for taking the time to compile this, but if you think a 'sticky' post will stop all the new threads on the subject well, history and experience, tells me that it won't I'm afraid
Gooders   
Sun Dec 11 2011, 02:53pm
C6 Dave wrote ...

Commodore wrote ...

There is a tool that comes with the car you can use to do it..........

It's the one for removing the centre wheel caps in the spare wheel tool kit, it's part of the purpose it was designed for.

@Ben And Angela thanks for taking the time to compile this, but if you think a 'sticky' post will stop all the new threads on the subject well, history and experience, tells me that it won't I'm afraid

Ben and angela think that if its stickyed it might help! Some might see it

Thanks tho dave means alot, just doing my bit back to the team-more to come as have got to cars to tut on

Ben
neilos   
Mon Dec 12 2011, 07:06am
Member No: #209
jon2CV wrote ...

Nice work, now how do we get our grill screens off after winter?

I just pulled mine off......no clips broken. Went on and off reasonably easily.
BigJohnD   
Mon Dec 12 2011, 07:48am

Member No: #82
neilos wrote ...

Likewise
PPP7   
Mon Dec 12 2011, 12:30pm
Member No: #135
neilos wrote ...

How?
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Dec 12 2011, 12:46pm

Member No: #1
Just get a hold at one end and pull. The C6 one has no issues, nor did my C4 one
Sickpuppy   
Mon Dec 12 2011, 12:58pm
I can feel a smashed grill coming on sometime in late feb .
neilos   
Mon Dec 12 2011, 01:32pm
Member No: #209
C6 Dave wrote ...

Just get a hold at one end and pull. The C6 one has no issues, nor did my C4 one

Exactly like Dave says....:-)
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member