or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

New C4 Bluetooth

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
panayichr   
Sun Nov 27 2011, 08:25am
Member No: #19948
I have the new Exclusive C4. When i speak on my phone using bluetooth, the other people that I am speaking with, they told me that there is a lot of background noise. Does anyone else have the same issue ? Maybe a new software update will exist in the future that will filter that noise?

Also, does anynone know what the number 2 means ? (Located on the display screen next to the bluetooth icon) An image is here: - Click Here -
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Nov 27 2011, 08:39am

Member No: #1
I would assume, that the '2' indicates it's connected to the 2nd device in your list of devices to connect to.
panayichr   
Mon Nov 28 2011, 04:30am
I have found what number 2 indicates. It means "The bluetooth device is connected as 1. Phone and 2. Media Player". In the car's bluetooth menu if you disconnect media player or phone then the number becomes 1 instead of 2.
1 User said Thank You to panayichr for this Post :
 BigJohnD (28 Nov 2011 : 11:09)
BigJohnD   
Mon Nov 28 2011, 03:19pm

Member No: #82
Hmmm.... not sure about that.

I checked with my phone/blue tooth link today which also showed "2", just like your picture. I have a perfectly good phone link, with the car acting as a headset and remote dialling link.

Although I have no music on the phone (I use the USB port for my iPod), I suggest "2" means Phone and Media Player link.
panayichr   
Sat Dec 03 2011, 03:16am
Thanks BigJohnD. Basically that's what i meant but it was not so clear. But my basically question remains. Do you also have this problem with the background noise when speaking on the phone ?
BigJohnD   
Sat Dec 03 2011, 04:45am

Member No: #82
No, calls using bluetooth are crackle free.

However, the radio doesn't read the address book of my HTC.
sloppysod   
Sat Dec 03 2011, 05:37am
Member No: #15935
I have similar problem, the phone transmission via bluetooth is a little noisey but not bad, messages can still be understood bothways. If there is new software and an update available, it would be usefull, however, I am not sure this would be passed on to the earlier cars unless you have friendly dealer next time it gets serviced.

This is one of the problems of buying early models, we are the unpaid Citroen C4 test drivers, later models will be better once our problems, niggles have been sorted, ie the EGS software up date 2 months after launch.

Hopefully Citroen will look after us at least for a couple of years.
mutleyc4   
Mon Dec 05 2011, 01:28am
Member No: #22656
i notice the "1" and "2". I have my Nokia connected and notice recently the displayed number keeps changing and also it indicates my battery charge i slow or empty when my Nokia has a full charge! Sometimes it loses connection which i am not sure why.

Does one have to pay for a software upgrade?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member