or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

Some photos of my "Nouvelle C4"

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
BigJohnD   
Wed May 11 2011, 07:30am

Member No: #82
Some photos of my "Nouvelle C4" VTR+.

Bonnet cannot be opened manually unless the door is open.

12V socket and rechargeable torch in the boot.

Full size steel wheel spare.

Folding mirrors

Rear obstacle sensors.

Familiar-ish but not fixed steering wheel controls. Scroll wheels now have a "push for OK" as well.

iPod link very good.

Bluetooth recognises my HTC but often fails to read the address book ("People") &c.

Daytime display brightness can also be altered.

I discovered today in the rain, that when the wipers are on continuously ("1"), they switch to intermittent ("INT") when the car is stationary.
CamM   
Wed May 11 2011, 07:37am

Member No: #19249
I'm a fan of the white on black display - looks very classy.
BigJohnD   
Wed May 11 2011, 10:43am

The blue instrument dials can be faded into black and white, but then there's little colour, so it looks bland.
Rich_Eason   
Wed May 11 2011, 11:27am

Member No: #90
Looking good! Although I still don't know why you need the bonnet release to be so hidden away...

BigJohnD wrote ...

I discovered today in the rain, that when the wipers are on continuously ("1"), they switch to intermittent ("INT") when the car is stationary.

They did that on my VTS and thought it was standard across the range?...unless that what was meant by "Speed Sensitive Wipers" in the brochure?
MiniPaulo   
Wed May 11 2011, 12:05pm
Member No: #13367
CamM wrote ...

I'm a fan of the white on black display - looks very classy.

me too, and sensible idea about the bonnet catch lever.
Hollerz   
Wed May 11 2011, 12:18pm
Member No: #214
Looks very nice, I had a sit in one today while my car was in getting the recall work done
BigJohnD   
Wed May 11 2011, 12:23pm

Rich_Eason wrote ...

They did that on my VTS and thought it was standard across the range?...unless that what was meant by "Speed Sensitive Wipers" in the brochure?

It may have been, but I always switched my wipers to auto and then promptly forgot about them. I must say I do miss them, and sit there wondering why the wipers haven't moved when it's raining!
BigJohnD   
Wed May 11 2011, 12:27pm

I really need the proper carpets. The ones Hartwell supplied don't fit properly and slide forward.

I guess an email to CitUK might help.
Dave_Retired.   
Wed May 11 2011, 01:09pm

Member No: #1
Rich_Eason wrote ...

Looking good! Although I still don't know why you need the bonnet release to be so hidden away...

Euro NCAP rating for passenger safety Rich. Covering it up means 1 less item that could cause possible injury in a side (or other) impact
PentlandC4   
Wed May 11 2011, 01:19pm
Member No: #13613
Thanks for posting the photos BJD.

My C4 is going in for a service on Friday, so I'll take a good look at one at last (hey, maybe even try one out!).
BigJohnD   
Wed May 11 2011, 02:46pm

C6 Dave wrote ...

Euro NCAP rating for passenger safety Rich. Covering it up means 1 less item that could cause possible injury in a side (or other) impact

It also all but eliminates the possibly of accidentally opening the bonnet while driving along - I seem to recall there have been 2 or 3 incidents (allegations?) of this in the past with the original setup.
Dave_Retired.   
Wed May 11 2011, 02:54pm

Member No: #1
The old C4 had this as a feature, but it didn't stop the bonnet 'popping' whilst driving either by human error in not closing it, or the locking mechanism having no maintenance and sticking in the open position
BigJohnD   
Wed May 11 2011, 03:16pm

You could pull the bonnet release on my old C4 without opening the door. It did not have the security flap that was on lot of cars.
Darren   
Wed May 11 2011, 05:47pm
Member No: #5650
My VTS now has the flap which covers the bonnet pull but my first C4 which was newer than my current one did not have it.
MevC4vtr   
Wed May 11 2011, 07:35pm
Very nice car John. I like the layout of the dash.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member