or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

New C4 + iPhone/iPod

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
danielb2103   
Sun Oct 23 2011, 11:24am
Does anyone who owns one of the new C4s with USB know whether iPhones and iPods work OK? If not are there any accessories which would resolve this?
Thanks
Daniel

sloppysod   
Sun Oct 23 2011, 02:37pm
Member No: #15935
8GB iPod Touch - YES. (4.5gb of music so far)

I connect my iPod touch 8GB into the USB port, then wait a couple on minutes and the whole music library can be accessed from centre buttons and or the steering wheel controls. I had problems selecting Albums, but sorted it eventually.

Quite impressed.
danielb2103   
Sun Oct 23 2011, 03:45pm
thankyou
danielb2103   
Sun Oct 23 2011, 03:47pm
Did you get your car brand new a thats the exact model I want?
BigJohnD   
Sun Oct 23 2011, 05:56pm

Member No: #82
No problem with my 8Gb Nano nor the Mrs's micro Nano thing.

These pics should be self-explanatory:

pclark   
Mon Oct 24 2011, 03:13am
Member No: #12537
I have a DS4 with 'Myway' which of course has the same system as the new C4. The USB works brilliantly with my iPod classic 160Gb and my iPhone 4 16Gb, also my previous iPhone 3GS 32Gb. The phone connects for audio as well as telephony via bluetooth as well although I don't use that facility as you have to select the music on the phone rather than on the car's screen and controls.

The screen and steering wheel controls work perfectly when using the USB connection. The sound quality is better by USB than bluetooth. I've also tried a memory stick with 'FLAC' files on it that played perfectly and displayed track names as well.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member