or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

eMyWay - Road Speed Limits not always displayed.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
P.P.Power   
Sat Oct 22 2011, 02:08pm
Member No: #21184
It would appear that the actual road speed limits are not always displayed on the screen (upper right corner). In fact more often not displayed than displayed. On my Garmin portable SatNav the speed limits are always displayed. Is this a design/technical limitation with the eMyWay system & are there any updates/fixes to correct this.

It seems a shame to have to use my Garmin to provide this information when the built in SatNav cannot ( or so it would appear ).

Car is a 2011 DS4. Anyone else had/noticed this issue ?
PPP7   
Sat Oct 22 2011, 02:36pm
Member No: #135
Even on my TomTom which has new maps maps every 3 months, not all speed limits are displayed.

Speed limits keep changing all the time anyway, so you can't rely on satnav limits to be correct.

The actual real sign posts are what you should be watching.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Oct 23 2011, 02:13am

Member No: #1
plus, yes, there are limitations to what 'MyWay' can do
rogerjohn   
Wed May 13 2015, 12:56pm
Member No: #39994
I have the same problem, my local Citroen garage told me that the advised speed limit display picks up a signal from some....not all....of the speed limit signs. (those with a transmitter on them) Not from the sat nav.
Can't argue as I don't know.
Dave_Retired.   
Wed May 13 2015, 01:07pm

Member No: #1
That's a new one, I always understood that they were stored as fixed Points Of Interest?
BigJohnD   
Wed May 13 2015, 01:44pm

Member No: #82

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member