or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Engine Modifications

DCP Tuning

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Sp3noExclusive   
Mon Oct 17 2011, 08:04am
Has anybody got any experience with DCP tunings mobile service, I'm looking at having the C4 1.6HDI 110 remapped. The gains they quote are the same as I have seen everywhere, resulting in around 137bhp and 290nm. Seems ideal that they can come and preform the remap at my house.
How will it effect my manufacturer's warranty? As it's a 2010 Coupe and still well within its warranty period.
Thanks
Stuey   
Mon Oct 17 2011, 08:24am
Member No: #84
you might as well go with the tried and tested (and discount giving) Angel Tuning. They come to your house, will come and undo if you don't like it or if it goes to the dealers and is wiped.

If it is discovered by the dealers then it could void your warranty but they would have to go looking for it
BigJohnD   
Mon Oct 17 2011, 09:28am

Member No: #82
If you have the original style C4, then it's as Stuey says.

The new generation of C4 1.6HDis (late 2010 onwards) have anti-mapping protection. In other words, you have to "break the electronic seal" to perform a remap. The options become: rewire the management module to by-pass the protection, or use some third party unlocking software. Either way, the warranty's invalid.
Sp3noExclusive   
Mon Oct 17 2011, 10:48am
My C4 is a coupe and the very last of the original style before they changed to the current style so i imagine the ECU wont be protected, i didnt realise Angel Tuning came to your door step too, i think i will give them a go instead. Thanks.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member