or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Styling Performance and Upgrading :: Body Styling Spoilers and wheels

C4 Wheels and correct offset, PCD etc.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Tor   
Wed Feb 18 2009, 04:18am
I have been looking a bit around to find information about correct offset but I have not found anything. This is for std tyre 205/55 R16, studless Winter tyres. R17 for Summer.

With what width of rim and offset go best together?

For example OZ racing has available both 16 and 25 mm offset on wheels sized 7x16.

The regulations of my country says max tolerance +/7 mm offset to original.

Thanks for helping!
Tor   
Wed Feb 18 2009, 04:23am
I have found this site:
- Click Here -
Is it true for the C4?
wozza   
Wed Feb 18 2009, 05:09am

Member No: #2
4x108 PCD and et25 is what is on mine. I have 8x18 with 225/40 tyres on mine.
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Feb 18 2009, 05:27am

Member No: #1
Tor wrote ...

I have been looking a bit around to find information about correct offset but I have not found anything. This is for std tyre 205/55 R16, studless Winter tyres. R17 for Summer.

With what width of rim and offset go best together?

ALL you need to know about the C4 wheels, PCD, Offset, spacers etc. is here in the FAQ section - Click Here -

Standard rim width on C4 Alloys is 17" X 6.5J and the maximum tyre width you can use on those is 215 X (I have 215 X 45 X R17 fitted)

Aftermarket wheels can go to 18" X 7J so you could go to 215 or even 225 X tyre width - owners who have done this confirm that the tyres won't rub as long as the correct offset is maintained.

The Peugeot 207cc runs 17" X 7J alloys and is the same Offset and PCD as the C4

There is also a tyre size differential calculator you can download here - Click Here -
Tor   
Wed Feb 18 2009, 10:29am
Thanks! I have read the FAQ but my eyes cannot see anything on an exact offset figure. What is the official figure?
//Tor
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Feb 18 2009, 10:59am

Tor wrote ...

Thanks! I have read the FAQ but my eyes cannot see anything on an exact offset figure. What is the official figure?
//Tor

Hmm what happened to that

Anyway the correct offset is 25mm
walshy01   
Sat Oct 08 2011, 09:36am
Hey Dave, I'm confused. you state that the offset is 25mm

However wheelfitment.com.eu and other wheel size calculators state the C4 is 27mm.

and on another post i read on here said the french docs say anything from 20-30mm will fit.

Which is accurate?

I have found some nice alloys but are only 20mm. in Aus apparently it is illegal for spacers to be used so stuck with little choice.
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Oct 08 2011, 12:02pm

If you read the FAQ here: - Click Here - and scroll down you can see alternative fitments

Various offsets will fit, it just means that the smaller the offset, the further out the wheels will be in the arch, 5-10mm difference shouldn't be an issue and the wheels shouldn't rub.

The bore and PCD are what must be correct so that the wheels fit properly on the hubs.

Are you saying that proper machined 'concentric' spacers are illegal in Australia?
walshy01   
Mon Oct 10 2011, 07:24am
OK cool. Yea I was told by Australia's largest retailer of tyres and wheels that spaces or illegal. Can't remember if it was just Queensland or the whole of OZ and also I was told that the tyre walls have to be a certain width in Queensland to be acceptable.

Also do I need any specific wheel nuts as I would want to get some locking ones? cheers
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Oct 10 2011, 07:52am

C4 uses bolts, not nuts. Depending on the thickness of the alloy you may need shorter or longer bolts but the wheel supplier should be able to advise on it.
curtis699909   
Sun Mar 24 2013, 07:12am
Member No: #26533
Hello would wheels the measure 17 inch offset of 35mm width of 8.5J and 25mm hub spacers fit fully flush without rubbing ??

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member