or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

eMyWay sat nav

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
TGSilverton   
Fri Oct 07 2011, 07:27am
Hi I took delivery of my C4 5Dr 1.6eHDi XLV Air dream EGs6 4 weeks ago, just getting used to all the various gadgets/options.

Pleased with all so far but my question is that the eMyWay sat nav does not accept full UK post codes, only the first letters and number I have phoned my dealer E Grimstead in Romford at first they thought it could be upgraded but when the technician checked it out I have been told this is not possible with the new 61 plate models so I have a sat nav system that I can use with GPS co-ordinates ( not sure how this is helpful in a car navigation system) but not full UK post codes.

Am I being fussy but would have thought that in today's world all navigation systems would be able to accept full post codes. Are there any other new C4 owners out that think this or come up with a solution?
BigJohnD   
Fri Oct 07 2011, 07:42am

Member No: #82
Hello, Terence, and welcome to C4Owners.

Sadly, Citroën's MyWay does not accept full 7 character UK postcodes. There are many threads (complaints?) on the site about this very issue.

A possible explanation is that French postcodes are 5 digits (and do not locate destinations as accurately as UK postcodes) and Citroën refused to alter the input field to 7 characters when it saw the price of the necessary Royal Mail licences.

(As I understand it, the first 5 characters are free Open Source data, but the full 7 character database, accurate to about 100m, is the property of Royal Mail. - Click Here - )

If you do find an upgrade for UK 7 character postcodes, there will be many delighted owners out there, not just owners of C4s but owners of other Citroën models too.
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
  (07 Oct 2011 : 07:49)
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Oct 07 2011, 07:53am

Member No: #1
TGSilverton wrote ...

Pleased with all so far but my question is that the emyway sat nav does not accept full uk post codes, only the first letters and number I have phoned my dealer E Grimstead in Romford at first they thought it could be upgraded but when the technician checked it out I have been told this is not possible with the new 61 plate models so I have a sat nav system that I can use with GPS co-ordinates ( not sure how this is helpful in a car navigation system) but not full UK post codes.

It's not just the New C4, it applies to all current incarnations of Citroen/Peugeot Sat Nav systems as BJD said.
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
  (07 Oct 2011 : 08:47)
trev h   
Fri Oct 07 2011, 09:12am
Member No: #10864
I'm afraid it's not just limited to citroen/peugeot, if you do a google search you'll find complaints from across the board, BMWs, Mercs, VW, Audi, Honda, & some of these sets are a £2000 upgrade but no one tells you this at time of purchase.
PentlandC4   
Fri Oct 07 2011, 12:50pm
Member No: #13613
BigJohnD   
Fri Oct 07 2011, 01:52pm

Member No: #82
TGSilverton wrote ...

I have a sat nav system that I can use with GPS co-ordinates

You can get Long and Lat from Google Earth - Click Here - or from, for example, iTouchMap.com - Click Here -

(Personally, I use IGO8 - Click Here - on my old Mio C320 with WinCE. I just copy *.KML files created with Google Earth to the satnav's SD Card, which then appear as POIs. Very easy and remarkably accurate.)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member