or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

DS4 Bluetooth Streaming

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
pclark   
Wed Sep 14 2011, 03:30am
Member No: #12537
On my new DS4 DSport 200THP (I've had it 2 days and I love it so far - I'll post my impressions on the forum in a few days) the ipod connection works brilliantly through USB. It's great at long last after a C5 and C6 to find a Citroen that does this properly.

It doesn't do what Audis and others do and display album artwork but its a huge improvement to be able to leave the ipod connected and browse the music folders on the sat nav screen.

My question is has anyone experience of Bluetooth Streaming from an iphone? My phone connects perfectly for telephony and audio streaming but there doesn't appear to be any way of selecting the music from the car controls, it simply plays whatever music is selected on the ipod app. on the phone. Is this how it works or have I not set it up correctly?

Philip
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Sep 14 2011, 08:25am

Member No: #1
If it's the same as the USB Box it cut's off the iPod/iPhone controls so you can't use them whilst it's connected as a safety precaution.

However not having one I can't say for sure Phillip
Rich_Eason   
Wed Sep 14 2011, 11:27am

Member No: #90
I'm pretty sure the iPhone has handset/headset Bluetooth connectivity is for calls only - in other words the car is the speaker and mic (bar the controls) the phone the transmission device.

I'd leave it plugged into the dedicated port or use a USB stick for music, which is certainly in my experience, easier.

shaniac   
Wed Sep 14 2011, 06:34pm
On my C4 I have the factory Bluetooth/USB. If I connect my iPhone or iPod Classic through USB I can control all functions of the iPod/iPhone from the car, though random track play is not random. It only moves to a new artist if I click the next button on the steering wheel.

If I connect via Bluetooth random play works (I think the iPhone controls this) and the steering wheel audio controls still work. I only have the one playlist on my phone though so haven't had a need to check out the other functions.

I'll get back to you on this.
1 User said Thank You to for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (15 Sep 2011 : 00:51)
sloppysod   
Sun Sep 18 2011, 06:03am
Member No: #15935
Hi I have 2011exclusive, the problem is the same, I plug my iPod touch in and the tracks, albums, or artists are displayed an all works fine. When I connect my phone ( Sony Vivaz) via Bluetooth, using the phone & music option from the menu list I have to listen to what I choose on the phone, I do not seem to have access to the music library as you get from the hard wired option. I have not tried a USB memory stick yet.

I just leave my iPod plugged in and connect the phone via Bluetooth as a phone only - won't flatten the phone battery as quick either
pclark   
Mon Sep 19 2011, 02:44am
Member No: #12537
Thanks Sloppy and the other replies. As you said the ipod/USB connection works so well there's no need to use the Bluetooth audio. I just wanted to get it working for the sake of 'completeness' it doesn't really bother me.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member