or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Alpine advance navi station

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
GMD255   
Sun Sep 11 2011, 04:54pm
Hi everyone!
I am interested in buying Alpine INA-W910R to replace stock screen&radio in my car. I have read about how to install something like this but I'm trying to find out if anyone has done something similar in new C4 and how did it work out.
I'm not an expert in this kind of things so please forgive me for my ignorance.
wozza   
Sun Sep 11 2011, 05:13pm

Member No: #2
As it is a double din headunit you may have trouble.

People have put screens in easy enough but they aren't very deep. A double din headunit is much deeper. Which can be a problem with rear clearance. On the old C4 you can't get one in the space where the standard nav screen goes easily.

Would be better with maybe a single din unit. With a separate screen.
GMD255   
Mon Sep 12 2011, 06:34am
which single din unit would you recommend?
all i want is to have quality radio with sat nav which i'm missing in my stock C4 radio with steering wheel commands intact. For the last I've read about it in FAQ so I know it is possible.

Again I repeat, I know very little about this kind of things so please understand my silly questions&problems.

@Wozza Thanks for answer

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member