or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

C4 2.0 VTS Petrol - cold engine twitches

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
PetrS   
Fri Sep 02 2011, 03:05pm
Hello,

I have problem with moving off with cold engine. If start cold engine (after 12 hours standing), I cannot increase rev and car twitches. After approx. 1 mil problem die down. Should I change spark plugs?

And second problem is with chatter. If I have idle speed I hear some chatter noise and I feel that engine litle swing.

Have somebody these problems?

Thank you very much, Petr.
PetrS   
Sun Oct 02 2011, 05:37pm
Nobody have same problem? Cold engine and first 0,5 - 1 mil you cannot speed up and car twitches?
vts180   
Mon Oct 03 2011, 11:05am
Member No: #7328
My VTS is a bit rough on low grade fuel.
Runs a lot better on high octane fuel.
Rich_Eason   
Mon Oct 03 2011, 12:54pm

Member No: #90
Have a read of this, this might help...

- Click Here -
jaysc4vts   
Mon Oct 03 2011, 03:26pm
Mine played up a bit like that, went to my local Citroen garage, they put my car on the computer. Twice it's been on it and they found nothing. Any I went out for the day and I needed more fuel so I went to Sainsbury's and put some in and my C4 has been fine since. So I now run it on Morrison's fuel and it's been good for a month. So try that mate.
PetrS   
Mon Oct 03 2011, 04:11pm
Thank everyone for advices. I tested high octane fuel but with any improvement.

I will try to call local dealer for reflash ECU like Rich wrote in their topic.

Thank everyone.
Rich_Eason   
Tue Oct 04 2011, 12:10am

Member No: #90
The easiest way I can describe how it behaved was no matter how hard you pressed down on the accelerator, the engine speed would only increase at a predetermined rate until c3000rpm at which point it would then shoot off....
SP36   
Tue Oct 04 2011, 03:05am
Rich_Eason wrote ...

The easiest way I can describe how it behaved was no matter how hard you pressed down on the accelerator, the engine speed would only increase at a predetermined rate until c3000rpm at which point it would then shoot off....

I had that on my 2.0l VTR+ ... never kept it long enough to find out what it was.
jaysc4vts   
Tue Oct 04 2011, 09:03am
i put it down to fuel on mine some scum garage in king, s lynn is watering there fuel down so i stick to morrisons now
Commodore   
Tue Oct 04 2011, 09:35am
Member No: #21107
jaysc4vts wrote ...

i put it down to fuel on mine some scum garage in king, s lynn is watering there fuel down so i stick to morrisons now

I'm a regular user of supermarket petrol (and now diesel), normally going to Sainsbury's as a first choice and Tesco as a second. Third choice is Texaco, just because they have a reasonable loyalty card scheme - better than Shell's anyway.

I filled up once in my last car (petrol) at the Morrisons in Enfield, and alas it was enough to put me off using their petrol again. The car really, really didn't like the stuff, and didn't so much drive back up the A10 as bounced up it as it coughed and spluttered. Definitely 'watered down' compared to rival supermarket dinosaur juice.

Have run my last two car's predominantly on Sainsbury's petrol and both were bullet-proof in terms of reliability. Since I got the C4, it's been filled half the time at Sainsbury's, once at a Tesco and once at a Texaco.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member