or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Smart Pen

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Paperhouse   
Tue Aug 30 2011, 03:45pm
Member No: #14691
I've seen this on various shopping channels and it appears to disguise minor scratches in paintwork. So when I saw it for sale more cheaply in a French supermarket, I decided to buy one. I haven't used it yet, but wondered whether anyone has any experience of the product. And would it be suitable for minor scratches on alloys?
ror100   
Tue Aug 30 2011, 04:55pm
My dad has used one, it's terrible! It looks like he's gone over his car with black tipp-ex!

Honestly, a good t-cut does a much cleaner job!
Paperhouse   
Wed Aug 31 2011, 11:22am
ror100 wrote ...

My dad has used one, it's terrible! It looks like he's gone over his car with black tipp-ex!

Honestly, a good t-cut does a much cleaner job!

I take it that the car was black?
ror100   
Wed Aug 31 2011, 03:42pm
yes - probably should have said that.

Honestly, it's not a good clean finish. To the point where it will devalue his motor.
Paperhouse   
Sun Sep 18 2011, 05:52am
Finally go around to using this on some minor scratches to a door sill. Basically it's [%*^#@!]. Glad I didn't spend much to buy it. Wouldn't want to use it on the main body of the car. When it's fully hardened I might experiment by T cutting it down.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member