or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Self Servicing

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Shaneygreen   
Sun Aug 21 2011, 10:17am
Member No: #15135
With the help of 2 mates who are trained mechanics im going to be servicing my car..

ive just ordered 5 litres of Total Quartz 5-40w oil from ebay at £25 delivered.

I got told the c4 hasnt got a changable fuel filter? is this true? i cant imagine why as its been a regular service part on loads of cars.

also spark plugs im purchasing off of Euro Car Parts but not sure whether the quality of Denso will be the same as NGK plugs??

Any other tips and preferences would be appreciated.

thanks guys.
Dave_Retired.   
Sun Aug 21 2011, 12:18pm

Member No: #1
Petrol cars have a lifetime filter in the fuel tank so there is nothing to change.
Shaneygreen   
Sun Aug 21 2011, 12:59pm
Oh thats ok then..

Will be getting Genuine Oil filter from citroen as ive heard some nasty stories about pattern parts going wrong.

Stuey   
Mon Aug 22 2011, 04:46am
Member No: #84
just be gentle with the coil pack, its delicate!
Shaneygreen   
Mon Aug 22 2011, 05:19pm
Thanks for the heads up mate.

had issues yoruself with that? id be more gentle myself than a mechanic would anyways
dodge   
Wed Aug 24 2011, 07:17am
Member No: #21422
Be prepared to have another elbow fitted when you try and get to the air filter!.
wozza   
Wed Aug 24 2011, 07:40am

Member No: #2
dodge wrote ...

Be prepared to have another elbow fitted when you try and get to the air filter!.

Petrol's are very easy to change. Take him a couple minutes at most.
Shaneygreen   
Fri Aug 26 2011, 11:22am
Yeah it was a very quick job wozza, same for the pollen filter.

changed them both ealier before i picked my mam up from morrisons, had a few minutes spare ha.

and the results were shocking! the pollen filter was absolutely BLACK!! the air filter was dirty but not too bad, got a fresh new filter in now though.

also was pleased to see genuine parts were fitted in the last service the car had done. got oil filter and plugs to do next, getting to the coilpack looks a tricky little job though.
Dan12   
Mon Feb 06 2012, 09:49am
I managed to do the spark plugs and pollen filter myself pretty easily and ive never done anything like it before

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member