or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: The Garage

Speed control faulty

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
karllfc   
Fri Aug 05 2011, 01:43pm
Member No: #16450
hiya peeps I discovered a fault while driving home tonight, and wondered if anyone has found this or knows what the problem is likely to be?

My service light came on then it said speed control faulty, thought nothing more of it until I tried the cruise control which now does not seem to work? Every time I switch it to cruise control the service light just comes on?

Any help or feedback would be most welcomed
Web Admin Only   
Fri Aug 05 2011, 01:51pm

Member No: #1
Highly likely to be a faulty Brake Pedal Switch which is very common and a site search on speed control should have thrown up
Pertti   
Wed May 17 2017, 05:16am
Member No: #43228
I fixed mine "Speed Control System Faulty" by changing front wheel bearing. There wasn't substantial signs for bearing problem, only speed control malfunction.
routemaster1   
Wed May 17 2017, 08:04am
Member No: #574
Pertti wrote ...

I fixed mine "Speed Control System Faulty" by changing front wheel bearing. There wasn't substantial signs for bearing problem, only speed control malfunction.

I suspect that it was something you did to the ABS sensor that sorted the issue, rather than actually changing the bearing.
gmerry   
Wed May 17 2017, 09:25am
Member No: #11625
I suspect that it was something you did to the ABS sensor that sorted the issue, rather than actually changing the bearing.

Changing the bearing also changes out the magnetic poles that the ABS sensor is picking up on. So any faults with the magnetic poles (embedded into the bearing seal) would have been eliminated. Since its possible that the bearing seal was the cause of the problem, that would explain why there was no manifest bearing mechanical problem (noise, vibration).

Connecting an oscilloscope would be the best way of determining if there is a bearing seal or ABS sensor issue.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member