or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 Road Tests and Model Reports

[moved] 3 years in!!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
didsburylad   
Mon Aug 01 2011, 07:46am
Member No: #3903
Hello,

Its virtually 3 years since I last posted on this site when i was ordering and later picking up a C4 Coupe VTR+ EGS.

The car has gone in for a service and MOT today and it prompted me to come back and have a look at the site and make some comments on the last 3 years worth of motoring.

6 weeks after collecting the car I walked back to the car in the carpark and noticed I had a flat tyre. Luckily I took out a maintenance contract (the first time ever when buying a new car) that included tyre cover so the tyre was replaced FOC. Maybe 12 months ago I also had another flat tyre and this again was replaced FOC. I had doubts about the maintenance contract but I really do think it has been worth it and no unpleasant surprises when the car has been for service. As I say the car is in for a service today and the MOT will be included in that also. Ive also really appreciated the £30 road tax and friends and colleagues cant believe it when I tell them how much that is.

Perhaps I am tempting fate but to date I have been really pleased with the car and it hasnt been a moment of trouble. I love the EGS and have been thinking of changing to a DS3 however this isnt available as an option at the money and the DS4 is probably a bit more than I want to pay. I imagine that 99% of the time I drive in automatic - a lot of stop start traffic in Manchester and only rarely use the gear stick or paddles. I doubt Id go back to a true manual after the experience of the C4. My son loves turning on the sport mode as we join the mancunian way and have to quickly cut across 3 lanes. He saw me doing it and now does that automatically saying sport mode on dad and a little while later sport mode off

Oh forgot to say just done over 23000 miles - no long trips anymore to parents or parents in law after having lost both sets in 3 years and a house move so I can walk to work a lot more. Every now and again I think about swapping it but when thinking sensiblity with my head and not my heart I think why should I when its been so reliable with such low mileage.

Might pop back here again now before another 3 years are up - and I will have to update you all with ddetails of the MOT.
1 User said Thank You to didsburylad for this Post :
 Dave_Retired. (01 Aug 2011 : 08:48)
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Aug 01 2011, 08:48am

Member No: #1
Thanks for sharing that, it's good to get some positive reports
didsburylad   
Wed Aug 03 2011, 08:03am
Just to update you I picked the car up from the garage. The car was serviced and had been MOT'd with no problems. best thing of all it was all included in the service contract. I have to say whenI took out the contract I did wonder if I was being foolish but really do appreciate not having to pay for punctured tyres, services and the MOT. It had also been valeted!! Very pleased
didsburylad   
Wed Jun 05 2013, 09:16am
Hello again, virtually another two years down the line. I think I must have the award for most infrequent contributor to this site. Got my C4 coupe in 2008 and virtually no problems. The MOT last year meant I needed 2 very expensive new tyres and until Christmas 2012 no problems.

Then whilst collecting supplies for the new years eve party the diesel particulate filter light came on. A quick blast doing a full loop of the M60 soon cleared it and all was well for another month. the light flashed on and off over a couple of days and since adding a fuel additive to the tank it has stayed off touch wood.

Im hoping the dpf doesnt have to be changed - that would probably be the only reason Id trade the car in at the moment. Has anyone else had similar expperiences?
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jun 05 2013, 10:48am

Member No: #1
How many miles has the car done now?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member