or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Towing :: C4 Towing, roof bars, bicycle carriers and roof boxes

TSP feature in Australia (Update)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
niks   
Thu Jul 28 2011, 04:00am
Member No: #16266
Hi all hope this is in right thread area, I own a C4 Grand Picasso 2010. I read all that was said re the activation of TSP for when pulling a trailer/caravan. I am having problems here in Australia with Citroen Australia and the dealer. Dealer claims to know nothing about TSP till I informed them.

They claimed to Contact Citroen Australia who says if its not working then its because it was imported with this feature not available, under strong questioning the rep said its a dealer problem as they may not have fitted a genuine loom as it was fitted by an outside contractor, this is despite the dealer claiming its genuine.

My question is would Citroen disable this feature for a market as also claimed by the rep at Citroen Australia. I don't think so.

also how can i identify if the loom is genuine or not spliced in. Any other options on this matter as i was sure that esp extended to also being able to control towing on modern cars in recent years.
Thanks ...

*****Citroen Australia obtained a genuine loom from Citroen France. noted its different part number to the one supplied to the UK by Citroen UK.
1 Will the French unit work on a right hand wired GP C4 as claimed by Citroen Australia if so why is UK unit different part number to French unit.

2. Independent advice was the module in right hand car different to French unit, true or false??

Would appreciate urgent reply as they wish to install French unit it Monday.
Thanks in anticipation regards Niks****

I wish to thank all who helped , module info was incorrect and kit was fitted with no problems but when lexia was connected and identified it had a tow bar fitted we had one very embarrassed Citroen service manager. I am now taking this matter to Australian ADR regulators as it appears we have a loophole in our rules which is being exploited by European car dealers/importers.
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Jul 28 2011, 04:04am

Member No: #1
I very much doubt that Citroen would disable a safety feature for a specific market.

It has to be enabled via Lexia/Proxia/Diagbox which the dealers use.
BigJohnD   
Thu Jul 28 2011, 01:15pm

Member No: #82

If your car has ESP, then it's not going to respond correctly when a trailer is attached - unless the TSP option is activated.

I have to say I'm not impressed with your local dealer who should know, or at least have access to, the correct information. Here's a start: - Click Here -
niks   
Sun Jul 31 2011, 06:56am
Thanks for responses, spoke to manager who was contacted by Citroen Australia to inform him that they made a loom up because we used 7 pin plugs in Australia and Europe used 13 pin which resulted them in not fitting European loom.

Said they are seeking advice from Citroen France and if need be will fit 13 pin plug.

I thought TSP would work on a 7 pin plug???Please advise thank you. I sent the info above to the dealer who forwarded it to Citroen Australia.

It seems i have stirred up a hornets nest as I feel they can now see themselves as liable for damages in the event of an accident after i mentioned this fact to both parties.
lavman   
Thu Aug 04 2011, 01:35am
So does anyone know how to activate the TSP function as I cant find any infromation about it. I have a Lexia of my own ( purchased off ebay works fine ) and have had a play. I cant seem to find anywhere I can do this. Please advise where I can turn it on. Also do you know if we need to use the 13 pin plug ??
niks   
Thu Aug 04 2011, 02:39am
C6 Dave wrote ...

I very much doubt that Citroen would disable a safety feature for a specific market.

It has to be enabled via Lexia/Proxia/Diagbox which the dealers use.

Latest update on TSP saga is that PSA France informed Citroen Australia that TSP is not an option on any of their vehicles.
Hmmm if this is the case how are you people in England able to activate it on your C4 Citroen's LOL surely Citroen would not build a car minus TSP just for Australia they dont sell that many here and its these fiasco's that turn potential buyers here from buying Citroens.
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Aug 04 2011, 06:05am

Member No: #1
@lavman, your question has been answered here: - Click Here -

Duplicating questions in different forums just makes it hard to keep a track of replies
lavman   
Thu Aug 04 2011, 08:33pm
Ok sorry about that, dont think it has been answered successfully as yet but we keep on trying.
Say C6 Dave by the way I also have a 1959 Morris Minor but sadly not a convertible, a cream 4 door.
niks   
Fri Aug 05 2011, 02:38am
C6 Dave wrote ...

@lavman, your question has been answered here: - Click Here -

Duplicating questions in different forums just makes it hard to keep a track of replies

Thanks Dave 6 this gives me ammo to deal with Citroen Australia as its starting to look like I will have to take legal action as I ordered a car with a GENUINE towbar and its now obvious to have non genuine wiring and plug. I am wondering just what other non genuine items are being used on our cars such as filters, oil coolant etc. I wonder just how many other Aussies are towing a trailer or caravan unaware that they are not protected by their ESP.?? I personally feel that someone in Citroen Australia has stuffed up and is now going into damage control mode of blaming PSA or the family cat or whatever they can lay there hands upon, it would be funny if it was not so tragic that a life could be at risk because of this fiasco.
niks   
Fri Sep 02 2011, 08:39pm
Citroen Australia have now claimed that they have been informed by PSA and Bosch that Citroen cars do not have the TSP facility in their cars. I have now asked for this to be confirmed in writing. Has anyone got any information that they could send to me in regards to this matter. They also say that there is no mention of TSP in their Lexia programs.

I am now hesitant in using my vehicle to tow anything till this matter is resolved. How is the gentleman in Sydney progressing in having TSP activated on his car. I think his handle is Lavman.
CamM   
Sat Sep 03 2011, 05:43am

Member No: #19249
Hi niks, are you getting this information purely from the dealership, or have you spoken directly to ATECO Automotive (aka Citroen Australia) in Sydney?
niks   
Sat Sep 03 2011, 06:58am
I have spoken with ATECO directly..
CamM   
Sat Sep 03 2011, 07:44am

Member No: #19249
I should have guessed. ATECO don't know what they're on about at the best of times...

Just another thought here... have you contacted any other dealerships and asked about this as a "prospective customer"?
niks   
Wed Nov 02 2011, 11:37pm
See updated first post
jon2CV   
Wed Dec 28 2011, 05:11pm
A mate who's a Citroen 'Technician' has told me Citroen do not have a TSP program on any of their models.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member