or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 Road Tests and Model Reports

Almost ready to buy a C4 now...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
velo_Hamster   
Tue Jul 12 2011, 03:58pm
Thanks Stuey, will try and hold on long enough to find a VTR+ now...

BigJohnD wrote ...

The VTR+ has more controls on the steering wheel, critically MENU, MODE, Esc and OK, which make life so much easier if you're thinking of replacing the radio.

Ah right, I think you have just convinced me some more, BigJonD!
ror100   
Tue Jul 12 2011, 05:43pm
The VTR+ is definitely worth the wait Velo.

I was looking for a 110bhp 1.6HDi VTR+ coupe for about 4 or 5 months. The first one that I saw was the one I bought, and haven't regretted it since, especially as mine has the JBL audio system and the spoiler

On the flipside, I had a VTR hatch on loan from a garage a year or so back (which convinced me the C4 would be my next car), and it was about as well equipped as my dad's old Lada!
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jul 13 2011, 12:28am

Member No: #1
velo_Hamster wrote ...

Rich_Eason wrote ...

No, there is Wicked Red (Pearlescent) and the Sport Red as found only on the C4 by 'Loeb's (solid)

Now I am confused, as there is one advertised as metallic burgundy!

The full UK colour range, starting at the newest to the oldest is shown here: - Click Here - (scroll down for the original Hatch/Coupe)

If it's a coupe and not a 'By Loeb' and it's 'Red' then it is Wicked Red. The only other reds used were on the Picasso range, Burlat and Morrelo : - Click Here -
velo_Hamster   
Wed Jul 13 2011, 03:19am
Thank you C6 Dave I have found a stunning little Wicked Red, but only VTR Spec...

Will keep hunting!

Velo.
MiniPaulo   
Wed Jul 13 2011, 12:06pm
Member No: #13367
What's your budget?
velo_Hamster   
Wed Jul 13 2011, 12:51pm
£4000 tops MiniPaulo, and some discount haggling!
velo_Hamster   
Wed Jul 13 2011, 06:04pm
Hi MiniPaulo, the link worked just fine thanks

I had looked at this one before, and pushed it aside due to the price. (Trouble is, I'm pretty useless at the whole haggling thing and how much price to drop to for what... I usually get carried away and end up paying the asking price! *rolls his eyes*) However, it does look pretty fantastic. I just want to wash and wax it to within an inch of it's life!
MiniPaulo   
Wed Jul 13 2011, 06:47pm
Member No: #13367
It took me a year of looking before I found a diesel with the right mileage at the right price... If you do the miles the diesel is the one to get as a lot of owners say.
Stuey   
Thu Jul 14 2011, 03:12am
Member No: #84
I reckon you could walk into that dealers and say heres £4K and walk out with it. It needs some cosmetic work, you really forget how much they need colour coding, spoilers and splitters
trev h   
Thu Jul 14 2011, 03:35am
Member No: #10864
The dealers got a MINIMUM of a grand in that car, maybe 2, thats the margins they work on, (unless it's someone selling from the kerb), so go in there & offer him £3750 to take it off his hands, he can only say no.
velo_Hamster   
Thu Jul 14 2011, 08:27am
trev h wrote ...

The dealers got a MINIMUM of a grand in that car, maybe 2, thats the margins they work on, (unless it's someone selling from the kerb), so go in there & offer him £3750 to take it off his hands, he can only say no.

Thanks for clueing me up a little, trev h. She is a little beauty. How important is service history on these cars? I know it's always best policy to get one with full Citroen Service History - should I walk away if there is little or no history?
Dave_Retired.   
Thu Jul 14 2011, 10:19am

Member No: #1
On a HDi regular documented Oil and filter changes are vital for the turbo, petrol models can go far longer

But if your concerned about service history, think how a buyer will feel when you come to sell on eventually.......
1 User said Thank You to Dave_Retired. for this Post :
  (14 Jul 2011 : 15:08)
velo_Hamster   
Thu Jul 14 2011, 03:08pm
Good point C6 Dave. I probably shall not end up selling on - I tend to own my cars until they have to go to the scrapyard in the sky, but I think I'll find one with FSH, ideally FCSH if possible
PentlandC4   
Thu Jul 14 2011, 03:14pm
Member No: #13613
When I went hunting for my current C4 I only looked at the cars with full Citroen service history... there's a lot to be said for peace of mind!
BigJohnD   
Thu Jul 14 2011, 04:15pm

Member No: #82
trev h wrote ...

The dealers got a MINIMUM of a grand in that car, maybe 2, that's the margins they work on, (unless it's someone selling from the kerb), so go in there & offer him £3750 to take it off his hands, he can only say no.

I was given £3,500 trade-in when I got our nouvelle C4, and within 48 hours it was on the forecourt for £5,000.

I'll also bet that my deal was "adjusted" so that the trade-in value was only £3,200.

So if they shifted it for only £4,250 within a week, then they'd made around a grand or 25% very quickly - not bad business.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member