or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

C4 GP Brake fluid leak

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
lambo74   
Tue Jul 05 2011, 02:50pm
Expensive fault raised its ugly head today, hose from brake fluid reservoir leaking, as it had rubbed through against top of engine, resultant leaking fluid has damaged the EGR valve and also one of the glow plugs, I am advised by main dealer, car went in for fault showing in relation to handbrake/ ESP/ASR.

I am at loss why this fault should be showing when it is supposedly the EGR valve that is the problem, they have carried out diagnostics and say that it is in this area the faults are registered and that the warning message is just a prompt to get the car into the dealership.

Main dealer price for the pipe EGR valve and glow plug is £750 approx, I think that I will be sourcing parts myself and letting an independent garage carry out the work, quoted £350 for EGR valve alone whereas a Valeo unit can be obtained for as little as £140.00

I would advise all C4 Picasso owners to check the routing of the pipe at the rear of the brake fluid reservoir, to make sure it is not rubbing on any part of the engine or body work.
Dave_Retired.   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 12:54am

Member No: #1
Which engine does the car have fitted?
lambo74   
Wed Jul 06 2011, 01:00am
my car is 1.6 hdi GP with egs gearbox
lambo74   
Sat Jul 09 2011, 03:47am
Got the dealer to replace the brake pipe, fluid and bleed brakes, along with diagnostics at cost of £139.00 they also carried out YJL recall. I can't find what the recall code relates to. I will be buying the EGR valve myself at cost of £139.99 (brand new Valeo unit) and getting a local garage to fit it for me.

All told this will save me approx £350. so not too bad really, but could have done without the expense with holidays approaching.
Dave_Retired.   
Sat Jul 09 2011, 05:05am

Member No: #1
Y** recalls were 2008 so well overdue

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member