or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

C4GP shaking when idle

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
JohnBRoot   
Tue Jun 21 2011, 04:59am
Hi new here.

Have C4GP 1.6 HDi, 2007, some 190kkm on the counter.

I have problems as my C4GP shakes when in idle, don't know if I said it okay as English is not my mother language. To said it more complicated, car shakes when on stand, doesn't make a difference if I put in in idle or gear it still shakes quite hard. No funny sounds or whatever. Could it be the problem as I changed the clutch - after that the shaking begun.

Service don't have any good answer, they said it could be injection, maybe EGR. I must add that flywheel was not changed (hopefully I said it right, used the google translate).

Thanks for any answer from previous experiences.

regards!
Stuey   
Tue Jun 21 2011, 07:11am
Member No: #84
I would not have thought the clutch would make it shake. Engine mount maybe?
Dave_Retired.   
Tue Jun 21 2011, 07:39am

Member No: #1
Funny but another user who changed a clutch got the same: - Click Here - and as Stuey says, check the engine and gearbox mounts as they may not have been tightened correctly and come loose

Once you have ruled that out you can start looking at other possibilities
looxuser   
Thu Jul 02 2020, 07:37am
Member No: #30245
likely the clutch housing was not alinged to the dual mass flywheel correctly. The orginal citroen clutch housing and dual mass align on pins perfectly but after market one sometimes do not.
sarchnary   
Thu Jul 02 2020, 04:24pm
Member No: #22312
In my case the engine mount was the cause for vibration as it wasn’t put back the correct way.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member