or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Road Tests and Reports

Saw a DS4 in the dealers (Germany)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
dr_gummi   
Mon Jun 20 2011, 05:53am
Can't see another thread on this, other than the standard press releases so here goes:

The car does look different to the 2011 C4, more coupe like, and the design looks really good in the flesh, even the hidden rear handles. The rear windows are fixed (as per honest john's review, but I do not trust this website much anymore) which might be a problem in some circumstances, but there is no way they could wind down and keep the looks. The interior also looks classy, especially the coffee half leather on the showroom model.

One really wierd thing is the ride height - even on 18" rims it looks too high. I'm not sure if this was just this car, but the wheel arch clearance is higher than both a regular C4 and a C4GP and it almost looks soft-roader ish.

If I was in the market for a conventional C4 I would definately look at it as it looks for "classy", but if they all have that ride height, a set of eibachs would be high on the shopping list

Joe
Darren   
Mon Jun 20 2011, 06:05am
Member No: #5650
There was a thread here - Click Here - about it. I agree with what you say however.

Here's the pics:

[

wozza   
Mon Jun 20 2011, 06:38am

Member No: #2
Guessing coilovers for te C4 should fit on it so could get it down to a normal car height wise.
Dave_Retired.   
Mon Jun 20 2011, 07:02am

Member No: #1
The ride height is intentional as it's supposedly a 'cross over' vehicle
dr_gummi   
Tue Jun 21 2011, 05:23am
Thats as maybe, it just looked odd! The coupe styling coupled with 18" rims do not match the raised ride height. I guess its like a BMW GT or X3 in that respect.
Joe
Darren   
Tue Jun 21 2011, 07:57am
Member No: #5650
Put it this way, at least you have plenty of room for a splitter .... if it fits

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member