or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

Cleaning Dashboard

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
riven1962   
Fri Jun 17 2011, 11:40am
Member No: #18905
Put a post on a few weeks ago about how/what you all use to clean the dashboard. After all the advice I got I stumbled across these. Found them in Wilkinsons for £1.50 per pack of 20 wipes. They come in both gloss and matt flavour. I use the gloss type and I must say they are great. I have used it to clean the dash of course, but they are also good for the door trim as well. The trim around the door handle is the same as the dash and that comes up a treat as well. In fact I have used it all over the doors and it very good. The one's I use also have a quiet nice Orange zest smell to them.
Dave_Retired.   
Fri Jun 17 2011, 01:04pm

Member No: #1
Personally I can't stand wipes with a chemical smell (or air fresheners) as it sets my Asthma off so I much prefer Armoral Matt Wipes
riven1962   
Fri Jun 17 2011, 01:08pm
Member No: #18905
It really is only a very mild smell, which you only smell as you are using the wipe. An hour later and there is no smell at all, just a clean car.
SP36   
Fri Jun 17 2011, 01:25pm
Have used these before and they are good for the money! In fact I may buy some tomorrow, my dash could do with a wipe.
BigJohnD   
Fri Jun 17 2011, 06:53pm

Member No: #82
C6 Dave wrote ...

Personally I can't stand wipes with a chemical smell (or air fresheners) as it sets my Asthma off so I much prefer Armoral Matt Wipes

I know exactly what you mean. When we moved to this house, we had to throw out all the carpets because the fluids used by the previous owners (who had dogs and were very conscientious) to clean the carpet nearly killed me. It was so bad just before we skipped them that I could just make it up the stairs. We got brand new carpets throughout the house (VERY expensive!) and all is now well.

When I did get an asthma attack, I used to get in the C4 and turn up the fan on the CC - it was a great way to recover!

And to re-inforce my prejudices against Fords, the local Ford dealer also uses the same cleaning agent, so when I visit to pick up the Mrs's F*c*s, I have to speak to them outside - otherwise I just collapse!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member