or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Car Care

How to use ScratchX?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
david1983   
Sat Jun 11 2011, 01:31pm
Member No: #9748
Good evening all! I've noticed a few fine scratches in my paint and have decided it's time to do somethign about them so have gone and got some ScratchX 2.0 after doing a bit of research.

I plan to apply it by hand but the bottle doesn't have any instructions on it so if anyone's used it please shout up! I'm just a bit worried about making more scratches as it is an abrasive polish even thoug it says it won't leave more scratches on the bottle.

I'm going to be using it on an Arctic Steel C5 if that makes any difference.

Thanks, David
dtb999   
Sun Jun 12 2011, 01:22am
Member No: #17318
Hi david1983, I use ScratchX 2.0 on my C4 GP Artic steel and it,s not bad on fine surface scratches, it wont touch anything deeper than hairline but i dont think any product does.You have to look for the instructions on the back of the bottle as the label peels open like a book from the bottom right corner and will reveal a whole page of english.It isn't very abrasive and i did rub fairly hard up and down the fine scratch lines, but it does only tend to mask scratches not remove them, i now only find them very close up as i know they are there.The mistake i made 1st time i used it was that i applied it with good results before polishing with AG HD Wax which left a white line of polish back in the scratch.Use it last thing and buff off.As i say it's not brilliant for £9 but i will continue untill someone on here finds something better. Hope this is of use
Dave
Ham   
Sun Jun 12 2011, 01:59pm

Member No: #69
You could try Autoglym Super Resin polish, as thats quite good for removing scratches.
dtb999   
Sun Jun 12 2011, 02:08pm
Member No: #17318
I didn't know that. Thanks Ham
Sonny   
Mon Jun 13 2011, 02:56pm
Ham wrote ...

You could try Autoglym Super Resin polish, as thats quite good for removing scratches.

That's what i was going to say, its requires a lot less elbow grease than scratch x, but don't rub too hard as you make even more scratches.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member